Ch.57 Jinjiang Literature City II

The counselor's office was quite far from the library. The three of them walked and talked together and arrived there in no time.

  Looking at the closed door in front of him, Meng Xiang took a deep breath, nodded to Huang Sijing and the squad leader, indicating that they don't need to worry too much, then raised his hand and knocked on the door.

  A mellow male voice soon sounded from inside: "Come in."

  Hearing this, Meng Xiang turned the doorknob, walked in, and closed the door.

  "Teacher, what do you want to talk to me about?"

  The counselors' offices are all small rooms with not much space inside. There is not much room left after putting a filing cabinet and a desk. Meng Xiang chose to stand near the door, while Teacher Huang sat behind the desk with a piece of letter paper in his hand.

  Thinking of the monitor's words, Meng Xiang's eyes naturally turned to the piece of letter paper, but due to the distance between them, she couldn't see clearly what was written on it.

  "Student Meng, we are now in the final review stage, and I don't want to waste your time, so I'll get straight to the point." Teacher Huang placed the letter on the table, looked at Meng Xiang, then crossed his hands and clenched them into half fists in front of his chest.

  "Okay." Meng Xiang nodded.

  "Someone anonymously reported that you were reviving capitalist practices in the girls' dormitory, selling high-priced clothing and accessories to classmates, and bribing classmates to help you conceal and conceal the truth. Not only that, such behavior was very noisy every day, and had affected the normal rest and study of the students around you."

  "Of course, the teacher will not listen to one side's words, so after receiving this letter of complaint, I privately talked to and investigated several students. After confirming that the situation was true, I asked the class monitor to call you over."

  Teacher Huang's expression was very serious, especially when he talked about those sensitive words, he even lowered his voice. They are all people who have experienced that period of time. Even though the inspections are not so strict now, they are still very secretive about it.

  “…”

  After hearing this, Meng Xiang frowned and felt a throbbing pain in his temples. He pondered for a moment, sorted out his words, and then slowly said, "Teacher, I did open a small clothing store in the girls' dormitory, but this has absolutely nothing to do with Fuxing."

  "The country is now encouraging private businesses to promote economic development. As college students, we should respond to the policy and contribute our own strength to it. Of course, we are still too young and our abilities are limited, so we can't do anything great."

  "So I chose to open a small clothing store. Even if it's just a small contribution, I want to give it a try."

  "As for the high-priced sales and bribery of classmates, it is completely false. Our clothes are all sold at cost price, which is very affordable and cost-effective. If we really sell them at high prices, how can the classmates afford them and repurchase them many times?"

  "Besides, if sharing delicious food with classmates is considered bribery, then I think the whole school is engaged in bribery."

  The voice was so resounding that Teacher Huang fell silent, with a variety of expressions flashing across his face. On the one hand, he felt that Meng Xiang's words were righteous, but on the other hand, he felt that she was being arrogant and making excuses.