Ch. 1 Breathing Intertwined

The 1980s was a generation that moved from poverty to prosperity.

  In 1985, Beijing was filled with the atmosphere of reform and opening up. The streets were filled with a wide variety of bicycles, the jingling noise was a headache, and there were all kinds of small shops and stalls on the roadside, with the hawking sounds endless.

  It is now the morning rush hour. People are rushing to their destinations with soy milk and fried dough sticks in their mouths. The well-dressed people in white shirts raise their wrists to check their watches from time to time, for fear of being late.

  But everyone is in high spirits and full of motivation.

  A slowly moving bus was filled with young students. Some were quietly leaning back in their chairs reading, some were sitting in groups of three or four talking and chatting, and some were closing their eyes to rest.

  Sitting in the last seat in the carriage, Meng Xiang leaned her forehead against the glass window with a look of despair on her face, staring at the hustle and bustle of the street with empty eyes, but her heart was far from as calm as she appeared on the surface.

  Who can tell her what is going on? !

  Not long ago, she attended a global fashion festival, wearing her own high-end custom-made dress that even top actresses couldn't borrow, and enjoyed the attention of everyone after winning the highest award. But after the festival, the helicopter she was taking on her return trip had an accident, and all her glorious moments were shattered.

  The raging fire that erupted at that moment seemed to be still before her eyes, enveloping her entire body until it was burned out.

  I thought it would become a hot search with topics like "Meng Xiang once again won the industry's ceiling award" and "She is truly worthy of being the queen of fashion", but it did become a hot search, but the topics turned into "The private helicopter that Meng Xiang was riding in had an accident", "Meng Xiang's death", and "Meng Xiang's business empire".

  Meng Xiang was unwilling to die in this way, but even if she gritted her teeth, she could only watch her consciousness sink into darkness.

  When Meng Xiang opened his eyes again, what appeared before him was not the Hades Palace or heaven or hell as he had imagined, but an old and shabby bus compartment.

  Before she could sort out her thoughts, a chaotic yet extremely clear memory flooded into her mind. It was clearly another person's life, but it was so familiar that it seemed as if she had experienced it all herself.

  After receiving it, Meng Xiang couldn't help but swear.

  Why would such a ridiculous thing as transmigrating into a book happen to her? If she had been transmigrated into a wealthy, beautiful and generous heroine who attracted countless high-quality women and men to fall at her feet, she could happily accept it.

But she happened to be reincarnated as the cannon fodder female supporting character  with the same name and surname in the novel . Throughout the whole book, she was recklessly competing with the heroine for the hero, doing all kinds of bad things, and finally ended up in disgrace, committing suicide out of shame.

  Thinking of this, Meng Xiang had a splitting headache, but the only thing to be thankful for was that all the plots in the book had not yet unfolded. "Meng Xiang" had just fallen in love with the male protagonist and had not done anything out of line.

  Meng Xiang stretched out her hand and placed it in front of her eyes to block the glaring sunlight. Under the warm yellow light, she saw a pair of slender jade fingers, white and clean, exactly the same as her hands in her previous life. Even the position of the small black mole at the base of her thumb was exactly the same.