Ch.78 Old Fox

Chapter 78 Old Fox

  "Of course I'll cry. My mom loves you so much. I guess she'll start cleaning the house to welcome you after she hangs up the phone. If you don't go... well, it's okay. I'll tell her that your family has relatives visiting suddenly and I can't go."

  Ye Puzhou calmly looked at Meng Xiang's expression, and seeing that he seemed to be a little relaxed, he immediately drooped his face and began to make up stories. His dejected look was particularly pitiful.

"No, don't say that to her. I'd better go. It's my fault to go back on my word. If your mother cries because of this, wouldn't I be a sinner?" Meng Xiang frowned and waved his hand, signaling Ye Puzhou not to do that.

  "What sinners are you talking about? Isn't there a solution?" Ye Puzhou's eyes flashed with a hint of success, but his face still showed a very "considerate" expression, "Why not just forget it."

  "Go ahead, don't let your aunt down." Meng Xiang shook his head and finally decided on the matter.

  "Okay, I'll pick you up then." Ye Puzhou only dared to smile now.

  Meng Xiang: “…” Why do I feel like I’ve been cheated?

  *

  The group hurried and finally returned to Beijing on the first day of the Lunar New Year. After Ye Puzhou helped them move their luggage, he drove Zheng An back to the Zheng family.

  It was only half a month since he last came home, but he felt as if he was in another world. The family of four stood at the door in silence for a long time before opening the door and going in. When he took out the key, Meng Wanjiang's hands even shook.

  "This is our own home. No one can bully us anymore." Deng Yajun held Meng Wanjiang's hand and opened the door together.

  "Well, let's go home." Meng Wanjiang's eyes were slightly red.

  After entering the house, they divided the work clearly. Meng Xiang opened all the windows for ventilation, Deng Yajun boiled water to wipe the ashes on the table, and Meng Jingfan went to light the charcoal fire.

  Meng Wanjiang went to see if the supermarket was open and bought some fresh vegetables and meat. When they left, they had already solved the problem of food that could not be kept at home. If they did not buy some new food, they would probably have to go to the children's grandparents' house for dinner.

  But being at someone else's home is not as comfortable as being at your own home.

  Luckily, the supermarket was open, and although the variety of ingredients sold was not as wide as usual, it was enough.

  In the evening, the whole family cooked a table full of dishes, sat around the table, the adults drank wine, and the children drank beverages. It was so happy.

  Later, Meng Wanjiang drank too much and hugged Meng Xiang and cried, saying that his little cotton-padded jacket would soon belong to someone else's.

  "Dad, what are you talking about? I will always be your and mom's little cotton-padded jacket, and no one can take it away from me." Meng Xiang felt a little amused and also a little moved and wanted to cry.

  "Hehehe, that's good. Ye Puzhou is a wicked man. You should be careful and don't get fooled. Woohoo, I got fooled." As he spoke, Meng Wanjiang pointed at the house next door and cursed, "Bah, last time he said he would bring his girlfriend over to show us, it turns out it's my precious daughter."

  Meng Xiang laughed dryly. She was also present at the time, so she witnessed with her own eyes that Meng Wanjiang was "cheated" by Ye Puzhou.

  "Dad is useless. I'm sorry for making us A Xiang suffer a lot of grievances since we were young." Meng Wanjiang lay on the table. He could no longer open his eyes, but he tried desperately to open them and look at Meng Xiang, muttering something in a low voice. Although his voice was small, the room was very quiet, so everyone could still hear it.