Ch.9 Like A Wolf or a Tiger

A fireball hangs in the clear blue sky, heat keeps rising, cicadas lazily lie on the branches, making irritable calls, as if waving flags and cheering for the scorching sun. A pot of green ivy on the windowsill hangs its head listlessly, and there is not a trace of wind in the sultry air, which makes people sweat profusely.

  Meng Xiang sat on a cool mat, scratching his head while working on a math problem. Beads of sweat slid down his forehead to his chin, hanging there as if they were about to fall off, until they were wrapped in a tissue, ending this short journey.

  She paused holding the pen, her body stiff, and slowly turned her head to look at Ye Puzhou who was throwing the tissue into the trash can. The latter ignored her and fanned her with a notebook in his hand, saying a few words: "Be serious."

  "Oh, oh..." Meng Xiang sat upright and put his thoughts back into the question, but from time to time, a cool feeling sliding across his chin flashed through his mind, making his heart itchy.

  It’s over. I can’t do this question anymore.

  Perhaps seeing her absent-mindedness, Ye Puzhou sighed, pointed to a number in the question helplessly, and reminded her: "Why don't you try substituting it into the formula?"

  "Oh, so that's how it is." Meng Xiang suddenly found a direction on the confusing road. He began to work hard, calculating on the draft paper as if he had been injected with chicken blood.

  Ye Puzhou stared at her sweat-soaked hair for a long time and silently formed an idea in his mind.

  "No." Halfway through the calculation, Meng Xiang, who couldn't figure out the answer no matter how hard he tried, looked up at Ye Pushou pitifully, then handed the scribble-like draft paper to the coffee table in front of him.

  Ye Puzhou only took a quick look and got the idea in his mind. He took the pen from her hand and said softly, "Look, isn't this infinite, but..."

  In hot weather, gentle and patient explanations always make people calm and continue to learn.

  "If you were a teacher, no one would fail at the end of the semester." Meng Xiang held his textbook in his hands with sudden enlightenment and smiled at Ye Puzhou as if expressing his feelings.

  "Not every student is as smart as you." Ye Puzhou thought of the group of students who were howling and begging him to show mercy, and the smile on his lips deepened.

  "Hahaha, that's true." Meng Xiang winked at him playfully.

  After explaining a few more questions, seeing that it was getting late, Meng Xiang took the initiative to say goodbye and go back to his home. As soon as he entered the door, he remembered something, put down his backpack, and rushed directly into the utility room on the first floor. In fact, although it was called a utility room, there were not many things in it.

  The most eye-catching thing among them was a large object wrapped tightly in black cloth. Meng Xiang touched his chin and looked around, then reached out and uncovered the black cloth, revealing its true appearance - a sewing machine.

  When Meng's father asked for Meng's mother's hand in marriage, he was just a poor boy from the country, but Meng's mother was a delicate girl from the city. Her parents were workers who ate commercial grain, and she was raised in the palm of her hand. If they had not gone to the same school in the city, they would never have had the chance to meet in this life.

  When young people fall in love, they don't care about what will happen before and after their death. They got the marriage certificate without telling their family. If it weren't for the fact that Meng's father worked hard and was admitted to university and then to the Finance Bureau, he would probably have been kicked out with his legs broken.