Ch.40 Charming

After listening to how Meng Xiang opened a clothing store in the dormitory, Meng Wanjiang felt deeply that it was not easy for his daughter to start her own business. He took off his apron and immediately rushed to the vegetable market to buy an old hen to make soup for his daughter so that she could nourish her body.

  "It's so late, the vegetable market has been closed for a long time. Don't go, Dad." Meng Xiang smiled helplessly and pulled Meng Wanjiang, and finally persuaded him to stay.

  "Then mom and dad will go buy some tomorrow morning." Deng Yajun held Meng Xiang's hand and was reluctant to let go. Her heart and eyes were filled with satisfaction and pride in her. She ran to the kitchen and used the existing ingredients to make another dish.

  The family chatted happily while eating, talking about their recent situation. By the time they finished eating, it was already dark.

  After dinner, Meng Xiang went upstairs carrying a paper bag. She pulled aside the curtains and saw that the light was on next door. She bit her lower lip and looked back at the door. How was she going to sneak out to see Ye Puzhou?

This is really a difficult problem. She sighed and thought that she would have to wait until tomorrow.

  It just so happened that she still had some things to do.

  *

  The next day, Meng Xiang slept in for a rare night. He had been too busy recently. He had to open the shop whenever he had free time. Even his dreams were about the shop, which made him physically and mentally exhausted.

  But fortunately, the efforts paid off.

  Yawning, Meng Xiang sat up from the bed in a daze. His eyes slowly fell on the two bags on the table beside the windowsill, and he couldn't help but raise the corners of his lips.

  After waking up completely, Meng Xiang went to the bathroom to wash up, brushed his teeth and washed his face, tied his long hair into a fluffy bun, drew his eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil, and then changed into a white printed long-sleeved shirt and straight-leg jeans.

  The lotus emerges from clear water, young and energetic.

  The downstairs was already filled with the rich aroma of chicken soup. As soon as Meng Xiang came downstairs, Meng Jingfan ran to get her a bowl of soup.

  "Be careful, don't get burned." Meng Xiang followed him into the kitchen. He looked around and didn't see Deng Yajun and Meng Wanjiang. He asked in confusion, "Where are my parents?"

  "They went out early in the morning. My mom's good colleague's daughter had given birth, so they went to the hospital to visit her." Meng Jingfan poured a bowl of chicken soup and handed it to Meng Xiang, asking expectantly, "How is it? Is it delicious?"

  Meng Xiang, who had just taken a sip of chicken soup, said: "..."

  After letting it cool for a while, he dared to drink it down in big gulps. The chicken stewed with mushrooms was soft, glutinous and smooth in his mouth. Meng Xiang nodded and praised, "It tastes very good and smells very good."

  As soon as he finished speaking, Meng Jingfan raised his eyebrows proudly, grinned and said, "Half of this is due to me."

  After that, she was shy like a little wife, lowered her eyes, and tugged at the corner of her clothes: "Sister, thank you for buying me shoes, I like them very much. Now I don't have anything to give you, so I can only help make you a bowl of chicken soup. When I get into a good university and have my own job when I grow up, I will buy you delicious and fun things."