Ch.17 Intimacy

Ye Puzhou's gaze suddenly became direct and frank, their chests pressed tightly against each other, they could feel the beating of each other's heart and lungs, it was as if all frequencies were in sync, extremely intimate.

  "I originally thought that you only liked younger brothers, so since you didn't ask me, I didn't specifically mention the topic of age."

  "But no matter what you like, I should tell you the truth instead of letting you misunderstand me."

  "Everything I said at your house that day was something I wanted to say only to you."

  "But you were angry with me at that time. Although I didn't know the reason, I must have done something wrong. Xiangxiang, can you forgive me? I apologize to you."

  "You don't know how happy I am if you are willing to come to see me again today. Let's make peace, okay?"

  The air around them stagnated for a brief moment, as if time was frozen, and Ye Puzhou's red eyes were filled with heat, like a prairie fire burning towards her, burning her brain stem to the point of loss, leaving only a blank. She opened her mouth woodenly, and after a long time she asked without answering.

  "Ye Puzhou, why are you telling me this?"

  Ye Puzhou's pair of cold, dark eyes, flashing with an unfathomable light, were fixed firmly on Meng Xiang. His brows were furrowed, as if he was struggling with some difficult decision. After pondering for a moment, he slightly opened his thin lips and sighed.

  "Because I don't want to lose you..."

  Meng Xiang's heart was beating wildly at this moment, and the corners of his lips couldn't help but rise, but they were retracted the next second. His eyelashes trembled, and he clenched the corner of his clothes.

  "My dear friend, can we return to the comfortable relationship we had before?"

  Good friends? Yes, they are just good friends.

  "Yeah, but I think I should keep my distance from a gay man who has a girlfriend so that it can be a mutually respectful and comfortable relationship."

  Meng Xiang took advantage of Ye Puzhou's distraction and suddenly pushed him away. Then she sat on the sofa opposite and drank the ice water she had not finished. She lowered her head and told him the truth that had been bothering her during this period.

  But Ye Puzhou looked confused and asked, "What girlfriend?"

  "Don't pretend. Didn't a woman drive you back a few days ago? I saw it all." When Meng Xiang heard Ye Puzhou's tone of denial, he immediately became like a cat whose tail was stepped on, and got up from the sofa in panic.

His peripheral vision caught sight of something on the table in the corner, and he pointed at it and said firmly, "That's the woman who gave you this blue bag."

  Hearing this, Ye Puzhou looked in the direction her finger was pointing. When he saw the familiar blue bag, combined with Meng Xiang's words just now, some images instantly emerged in his mind. He felt a throbbing pain in his forehead, but finally let out a breath.

  "She is my friend and my brother's wife. She is married and pregnant. Her husband was sitting in the car that day. I went home to live those days, and they happened to visit my parents, and then they sent me back together. This is all a misunderstanding. And didn't I say last time at your house that I was single?"

  Ye Puzhou, who was always aloof and self-restrained, became a little incoherent at this moment, and his words were filled with helplessness and grievance.