Ch.79 Passion I

"What do you mean by try your best? Come on, smile for me first." Zhao Meiqing clicked her tongue, put down the knife in dissatisfaction, grabbed Ye Yuanhui's face and pulled it aside.

  Ye Yuanhui curled his lips in cooperation, but Zhao Meiqing was not satisfied. She pulled his eyelids twice with her hands and said, "Your eyes should also bend accordingly. That's right."

  "Hiss, so spicy!" After a while, Ye Yuanhui felt a burning pain rising from his eye sockets, making him squint his eyes.

  "Oh, I was just cutting ginger, wash it with water quickly." Zhao Meiqing held the back of Ye Yuanhui's head and turned on the faucet to flush on his eyelids.

  “Cold, cold, cold!”

  Ye Puzhou, who had just come downstairs after getting his watch, witnessed the whole process: "..."

  Is it really okay to let these two people entertain the guests? Will they scare them away as soon as they arrive?

  "What are you doing standing there like an idiot? Come and get me a towel." Zhao Meiqing caught a glimpse of Ye Puzhou standing at the stairs, and hurriedly turned off the faucet and waved at him.

  "Here it comes." Ye Puzhou sighed, quickened his pace to go to the bathroom and got a towel to cover Ye Yuanhui's wet neck.

  After a lot of chaos, they finally got down to business. Zhao Meiqing and Ye Puzhou's cooking skills were naturally impeccable. The two of them divided the work and cooperated with the help of Aunt Deng, and quickly processed most of the ingredients.

  Ye Yuanhui, this half-baked guy, changed his clothes and came back and continued to squat aside to prepare the side dishes.

When the time was almost up, Ye Puzhou went upstairs to change his clothes, then drove out to pick up Meng Xiang.

  "Didn't my parents say they would come over for dinner? When will they come? They must not be late." After handing the last bit of finishing work in the kitchen to Aunt Deng, Zhao Meiqing went upstairs to change clothes. While putting on her earrings, she thought of something and asked Ye Yuanhui, who was sitting at the head of the bed wearing a watch.

  "It's probably almost time." Ye Yuanhui straightened the collar of his shirt, but didn't take it to heart. Instead, he frowned a little nervously and asked, "Will I look too serious wearing this color?"

  "That's great, let's go with this one. No, I have to make a phone call to ask when they will arrive." Zhao Meiqing waved her hand perfunctorily, put on the earrings, and hurried downstairs.

  "Hey?" Ye Yuanhui pursed his lips into a line and opened his mouth to call Zhao Meiqing, but in the end he couldn't speak. He could only stand up and look in the mirror. "I should look pretty kind, right?"

  While muttering to himself, he smiled at himself in the mirror as Zhao Meiqing had taught him just now.

  Zhao Meiqing was just about to call her parents downstairs when she heard a familiar laugh coming from the door. Speak of the devil, the devil has appeared. She breathed a sigh of relief and hurried to open the door, "Dad, Mom."

  There were four old men standing in the yard, all of them dressed up carefully. Each of them was holding a bag in their hands. I don't know what was in the bag, but it looked heavy.

  "Has the girl arrived? Are we not too late?" Grandma Ye lowered her voice, stood on tiptoe to look behind Zhao Meiqing twice, and tightened the bag in her hand.

  "Not yet. Pu Zhou went to pick her up. She should be here soon." Zhao Meiqing shook her head and trotted between Grandma Ye and Grandma Zhao, holding one of their arms. "Why did you come together? Do you want me to help you carry your things?"