Ch.18 Take Off

Meng Xiang had scratched the back of her neck in the morning. Perhaps she had scratched the surface of her skin at that time. The ointment now touched that place, causing a stinging sensation. She couldn't help but take a breath and frowned, saying, "Hiss, it hurts a little."

  The delicate voice was like a spoiled child when she cried out in pain. Ye Puzhou's hands trembled, and he bent down subconsciously, exhaled towards that place, and touched her head soothingly, coaxing: "Blow it and it will stop hurting."

  "Do you treat me like a child?" Meng Xiang burst into laughter, rolled her eyes at him lightly with her watery eyes, and puffed up her cheeks as if she was very dissatisfied.

  "Isn't it just a child?" Ye Puzhou lowered his eyelashes, met her gaze, his eyebrows slightly curved, and his tone of voice rose. He uttered this sentence in a doting tone, seemingly casually.

  Meng Xiang's ears turned red, and she glared at him with her peach blossom eyes, biting her lower lip with her pearly teeth, and retorted in a self-proclaimed fierce manner: "You are the child."

  After saying that, she turned her head back again, with a look of sweetness and cuteness that softened his heart.

  "Well, I'm a child, and you are not allowed to bully me in the future." Ye Puzhou curled the corners of his lips and raised the cotton swab again. This time his action was obviously gentler than before.

  Hearing this, Meng Xiang's eyes widened, surprised at his blatant "shamelessness". He cleared his throat and said in a baby voice, "Humph, I'm the child. You are not allowed to bully me in the future. You must listen to me in everything."

  Obviously, she was teasing him in a sarcastic way, but she didn't expect Ye Puzhou to respond seriously: "Okay, I'll do as you say."

  Suddenly, Meng Xiang choked, and the blush on her face became brighter, as if she had been coated with a thick layer of fine rouge, which took a long time to dissipate. A trace of shyness crept into her heart, making her not know how to start talking next.

  Until Ye Puzhou came around and they looked at each other, he suddenly stared at her for a long time without saying a word. After a moment of silence, he tilted his head and chuckled, "Little girl, why are you blushing?"

  "I'm not blushing. I'm, I'm too hot. Please move the fan closer..." Meng Xiang's secrets were exposed. He hesitated for a long time, looking flustered and confused, as if he was trying to hide something.

  Ye Puzhou stopped her from touching the back of her ears in panic. His warm breath sprayed on her face, feeling extremely hot. Then he stretched out a hand and carefully tucked the scattered hair on her cheeks behind her ears, with unmeltable tenderness in his eyes.

  "Don't touch the medicine." Meng Xiang's heart stagnated when he heard Ye Pusho's deep and mellow voice, as if a feather was scratching his palm, causing an indescribable itchiness.

  "oh."

  Fortunately, when applying the medicine, both of them tacitly kept silent, otherwise Meng Xiang might have died of shame and anger.

  After applying the medicine, Ye Puzhou took Meng Xiang to the kitchen to wash her hands. He was faster than her and washed them clean in a short while. Then he opened the refrigerator and took out three pink peaches. "I have frozen some peaches in the refrigerator. I'll cut them for you. Go to the living room and wait for me."

  Meng Xiang shook off the water stains on his hands. He didn't feel like listening to him and going to sit in the living room. Instead, he quickly handed over the wooden chopping board and kitchen knife.