Ch.66 Kneel Down

The red walls and white snow outline the ancient heritage, and beneath the majestic atmosphere, there is a brand new picture.

  Plum blossoms are in full bloom in the corner, and the most precious one is the top-quality green-calyx plum in the center. It is pure and noble, with light green winding between the branches, like a goddess descending, breathtakingly beautiful.

  The aroma of tea filled the air under the green bricks and black tiles. A wisp of green smoke slowly rose from the incense burner, drifted towards the open wooden window, and entangled two young men who happened to be passing by the corridor. The beautiful woman who raised her hand to pour tea seemed to have noticed something, raised her eyelashes and looked over, but could only see two backs.

  "Here I come." The murmur fell softly, and then she thought of something. She looked at the round mirror on the wall and hurriedly adjusted her clothes and her long hair.

  Not long after, there was a knock on the door not far ahead.

  "Come in." She seemed to feel that this was too urgent, so she cleared her throat and added calmly, "The door is not locked, just come in."

  With a creak, the door opened to both sides, and what came into view was the tall and straight figure of Ye Puzhou, with a thick long coat draped over his elbows. The black coat made his height and legs look long, and he looked like a piece of jade.

  But obviously, no matter how handsome he was today, he was not in Zhao Meiqing's eyes. Looking around but not seeing the person she wanted to see, she stood up from the wooden chair and asked in a bad tone, "Where is my daughter-in-law?"

  The heaviness of her voice was totally inconsistent with her gentle and dignified appearance today.

  Hearing this, Ye Puzhou held his forehead with his hand, pushed open the half-open door, revealing Meng Xiang on the side.

  "Hello, aunt..." Meng Xiang's next words were cut off in mid-air, his smile froze on his lips, his lips slightly parted, not understanding why the "plagiarist" who prescribed medicine for him would appear here.

  "This, this, this." Zhao Meiqing also took a half step back, holding onto the corner of the table. Her pupils shrank sharply, her eyes fixed firmly on Meng Xiang, somewhat confused about the current situation.

  Seeing this, Ye Puzhou frowned slightly, looked at Meng Xiang, then looked at Zhao Meiqing, and saw something wrong between the two. He wanted to be the first to break the deadlock, so he took the initiative to introduce: "Mom, this is my girlfriend Meng Xiang."

  But things did not develop in the direction he imagined, but instead fell into a strange silence.

  After a long while, Meng Xiang roughly guessed the reason and opened his mouth to ask if this was a misunderstanding. However, as soon as he opened his mouth, he was shocked by the scene in front of him and stood there in a daze.

  A strong wind suddenly blew from the front and hit Ye Puzhou in the face. Fortunately, he was agile and pulled her hand to the side to avoid the attack.

  Tea and teacup fragments splattered all over the floor.

  "Mom! What are you doing?" Ye Puzhou frowned and protected Meng Xiang behind him, not understanding why Zhao Meiqing suddenly went crazy.

"Why would I even ask you this? How could I have given birth to such a despicable and shameless son like you? Damn it, you're still holding a girl's hand? Let me go now."

  Zhao Meiqing was wearing a black Chinese cheongsam today, with a circle of white fluff around her neck and sleeves, which made her look noble and elegant. Of course, one had to ignore the fact that she was running towards them angrily with the hem of her skirt lifted up, with a ferocious look on her face.