Ch.73 Long Phone Chat

"Dongzi, you're back?" Huang Mei's originally distorted face immediately became gentle when she saw her beloved son.

  "Well, there are still animals active in the mountains at this time. I'm lucky. I shot two pheasants." Zhang Zedong withdrew his gaze from the charming figure that was gradually receding, waved the pheasant in his hand to Huang Mei, and then greeted Chen Juan, "Auntie Chen, why don't you come in and sit down?"

  "Hahaha, I just came over to chat with your mother. I won't sit here because I have something else to do at home."

  Chen Juan rolled her eyes at the two fat pheasants and said meaningfully, "Dongzi's mother, your Dongzi is so capable. Not only is he a good hunter in the mountains, he also has a decent job in the city. I really don't know which girl will be so lucky to marry him in the future."

  "Oh, what are you saying? How can he be so good?" Although Huang Mei was very humble, her face showed unconcealable smugness and pride, and her back was straight.

  Zhang Zedong is one of the most promising young men in the village. He is tall with handsome features. Lots of girls from nearby villages are eager to marry him. So why would he worry about not being able to find a wife?

  The reason why he is still not married at the age of 23 is because he has high standards. After living in the city for a few years, he has seen more and more, and he looks down on those girls who work in the fields and have no education.

  But who among those fair-skinned and educated city girls would be willing to marry into this rural area?

  Due to the conflict between the two, Zhang Zedong's marriage was delayed. Huang Mei was also worried about this matter, but her son had grown up and had his own ideas. She was afraid that if she said too much, it would arouse his disgust.

  "Whether it's good or bad, I'm watching it." Chen Juan had been paying attention to Zhang Zedong's every move. She noticed from the corner of her eye that he kept looking in one direction, and a knowing smile appeared on her lips.

  She knew that Meng Xiang had a pretty face and there was no man who didn't like her. Even after everyone had walked away, Zhang Zedong was still staring at her, his eyes almost sticking to her.

  "Let's not talk about it for now. My granddaughter hasn't come back for a long time. I'm afraid she will forget the way and go into the mountains. I have to keep an eye on her." Chen Juan deliberately pointed at Meng Xiang's back.

  As expected, the next second Zhang Zedong took the initiative to ask: "Is the girl wearing the pink scarf just now your granddaughter, Aunt Chen? How come I have never seen her in the village?"

  "Yes, my eldest son's daughter has been living in Beijing. She is still a college student. She has to study, so she only comes back once or twice a year. How come you haven't seen her? They went to the same elementary school in the village. Maybe girls change a lot when they grow up, so it's normal that you don't remember her." Chen Juan smiled happily, as if she didn't notice Huang Mei's dark face, and answered Zhang Zedong's words.

  "I've already said this won't work. That girl has a bad temper and our family can't handle it." Huang Mei waved her hands, extremely disgusted. What's wrong with being a college student? Whether she will make more money than Dongzi in the future is another matter.

  The main thing is that she looks like that and is so unforgiving with her words. At first glance, she is a troublemaker. If she really marries into the Zhang family, won't things be in chaos?

  But Huang Mei thought so, but Zhang Zedong didn't think so. His eyes lit up and he asked hurriedly, "Mom, what did you say to Aunt Chen just now? Why didn't it work?"