Ch.58 The Most Beautiful Woman

Ever since Teacher Huang talked to Meng Xiang, the dormitory clothing store has been closed.

  At the beginning, everything was calm, as if the closing of the store had no impact on anyone else except them. But as time passed, many former customers came to ask why the store was closed because they could not buy suitable and good-looking clothes.

Huang Sijing, who had been holding her breath, revealed the hidden story intentionally or unintentionally. As people who had all experienced that era, everyone felt contempt for such back-stabbing behavior.

  Especially after the classmates of those who reported it found out, many people knew about it at once.

  Perhaps because they felt guilty, those people began to reduce the time they appeared in public places. They stayed in their dormitories most of the time, never leaving their houses. But this made it impossible for them to do business.

  But in fact, after this incident was exposed, no one would buy clothes from them anymore. Some customers who had bought clothes from them before even insisted on returning the goods. The incident caused quite a big stir.

  I don’t know through what channels they purchased the goods, or whether the cost was high, but in any case, I estimate that they lost all their money.

  The ugly woman tried to imitate the beautiful woman, but ended up picking up sesame seeds and losing the watermelon.

  All these ups and downs seemed to have no effect on Meng Xiang. She ate and drank well, and went to the classroom, library, dormitory, and cafeteria, all in a very regular routine.

  Since the clothing store closed, Meng Xiang has had a lot more free time. She took this time to adjust her work and rest and living habits, and then wait until the final exams are over before preparing for the next plan.

  Of course, some things are also proceeding in an orderly manner invisibly.

  "How's the matter I asked you to do going?"

  "It is undergoing the final review and I believe there will be a result soon."

  "Okay, thank you for your hard work."

  "It's not hard. If it weren't for you, I would still be in dire straits. I should thank you."

  "That's very polite. I'll come over and treat you to a meal after I'm done."

  "I'll wait for you."

  The call was hung up. Meng Xiang closed the receiver, paid the phone bill, and then walked towards the street. The air was filled with coldness. The cold wind was whistling, lifting the strands of hair on her cheeks. She shrank her neck, buried most of her face in the large and warm scarf, and continued walking forward.

  The temperature has been getting lower and lower recently. Although it hasn’t snowed, my whole body becomes stiff if I stay outside for a while.

  Meng Xiang quickened his pace and finally entered the room. Not long after he came in, a nurse came out of the doctor's office with a notebook and said without raising her head, "Number 43."

  A middle-aged woman responded in a loud voice, then followed the nurse into the doctor's office. She subconsciously took out the registration form from her pocket. It was number 44, and there was another patient next to her.

  I said I would go to the hospital to see a gynecologist in the fall, but due to various reasons, I have kept putting it off until now.

  She didn't tell anyone about this and planned to wait until the results came out. As the year was coming to an end, everyone in the family was very busy, and her parents were so busy at work that they had no time to rest, even having to work overtime every night and on weekends.