Ch.14 Don't Leave Me

The light at the entrance was a little dim. Ye Puzhou stared at her closely, as if he wanted to see deep into her heart. Both of them were breathing rapidly. His warm breath sprayed on her neck, and soon that place was stained with a large red, spreading to the tips of her ears and deeper into her collarbone.

  "It's all my fault, sister. Please don't abandon me, sister." A low and hoarse voice with a hint of sob floated into Meng Xiang's ears with the wind. Meng Xiang suddenly looked at Ye Pushou, and the next second he met a pair of scarlet eyes, looking pitiful, like a puppy abandoned by its owner.

  This was the first time she heard him call her sister. Meng Xiang's little heart suddenly beat rapidly, like the most intensive drum beats in the world, making her ears numb and her cheeks hot as if on fire.

  "You..." Before Meng Xiang could finish his words, he heard Meng Jingfan's voice calling from outside the courtyard, "Sister, are you in there? Mom asked me to help."

  Hearing this, Meng Xiang became inexplicably nervous. His hand unconsciously grabbed Ye Puzhou's hair on the back of his head and he said anxiously, "Let me go first." If Meng Jingfan saw them like this, who knows what he would say in front of his parents.

  "Hiss." Hearing the inhaled sound, Meng Xiang realized it belatedly and let go of her hand, even more at a loss, "Did I hurt you? I'm sorry, I didn't mean it."

  A large hand came over her waist, and with a little force, she was lifted down and landed steadily on the ground.

  "Let's talk later, sister." Ye Puzhou leaned down and spoke with his lips almost touching her earlobe. A tingling sensation quickly rose from the soles of her feet. She felt a little dizzy and could only nod blankly.

  "Sister." Meng Jingfan's voice came from outside again.

  She didn't know if it was her illusion, but when Ye Puzhou walked past her to open the door, she saw a hint of sinisterness and displeasure on his face. But when she looked more closely, she could only see his receding back.

  Maybe it's an illusion.

  "Sister?" Meng Xiang murmured in a low voice. Why was this name so different when it came out of Ye Puzhou's mouth? It always felt like there was something else in it, not so innocent, but more like the interest between young lovers.

  Bah, bah, bah, what are you thinking, Meng Xiang? He has a partner.

  The woman yesterday, just by looking at her back, you could tell she was a beauty, and she also looked very rich. In this day and age, a family that can afford a private car is definitely not ordinary. The last time he drove his mother to the hospital, he said it was a friend's car, so it must be his girlfriend's.

  To be realistic, if Ye Puzhou were with her, he could work thirty years less.

  The fair, wealthy and beautiful young lady and the tall, poor and handsome college student, Meng Xiang wants to take the lead in supporting this couple.

  Of course, Meng Xiang was not scorning Ye Puzhou for "living off his wife", but hating himself for not having the ability to let him live off his wife. Comparing the two, any utilitarian would know who to choose.

  But why did she have such thoughts? Why did she compare herself with others? Why did the fact that Ye Puzhou had a very good girlfriend make her so sad?

  Before she could come to any conclusion from her wild thoughts, Ye Puzhou and Meng Jingfan came in.

  "Come in and sit for a while. Apply ice first and we'll talk about other things later." Ye Puzhou said as he walked into the kitchen. After a while, he took out a box of ice cubes and put it on the coffee table. Then he went upstairs to find a cloth.