Ch.21 Throwing Herself Into His Arms

After Meng Xiang and Shi Tian said goodbye, they returned to the hotel and found that Ye Puzhou had already completed the relevant formalities. He raised the two sets of room keys in his hand and said softly, "Let's go. It's on the third floor."

  "Oh, okay." Meng Xiang followed him obediently towards the stairwell.

  The hotel we stayed in had a nice environment and the facilities looked very new. It was probably renovated just a few years ago. However, the soundproofing of the house was not very good. I could hear the voices of other guests in the room even when I was standing in the corridor.

  The soles of his shoes made a light sound on the wooden floor, like an amateur playing an old-fashioned piano without any method.

  Following the corridor to the end of the third floor, Ye Puzhou asked Meng Xiang to wait at the door first, while he took the key to open the door, then went in and checked all the places inside and outside where people might be hiding. Only after seeing that there was no problem did he let her in.

  Meng Xiang felt warm in his heart at such a thoughtful gesture, and thanked him with a smile.

  "You're welcome. I'm in the room next to yours. If you need anything, just come over and knock on the door, or just shout my name. I should be able to hear it. Forget it. Let me go back to my room first. You try shouting and I'll see if I can hear you."

  Ye Puzhou placed Meng Xiang's backpack on the chair next to him, looked around solemnly, and finally his eyes fell on her.

  "Okay, then you go over there." Meng Xiang responded, watching Ye Puzhou leave. Then he counted the time in his mind, and guessed that he had already reached the next door, so he cleared his throat and shouted in a louder voice: "Ye Puzhou."

  After she finished speaking, there was no response, so she called out again, this time a little louder than last time, and soon she heard his response: "Got it."

  After a while, Ye Puzhou came back. Fearing that she didn't know how to use the hot water in the bathroom, he taught her carefully. After making sure that she knew how to do it, he rummaged through the drawers and found towels and slippers in the room.

  Looking at the supplies in front of him that were not really clean, he was silent for a moment, raised his eyes and said, "Don't go to sleep or wash up yet, sit down and rest for a while, I'll go out and buy some new ones."

  "I'll go with you." Meng Xiang had just started talking when he rubbed his head. "You looked listless just now. You haven't had a good rest on the train for this period of time. Let me go. Be obedient."

  Meng Xiang just felt that he was a little animal whose every need was arranged. He didn't have to do anything, as Ye Puzhou would take care of everything. This feeling of being cared for was really good.
"Then go quickly and be careful." Thinking of this, she didn't insist anymore. Besides, she was really tired. She relaxed and her eyelids were drooping.

  "Okay." Ye Puzhou noticed her tired look, turned around, took out two shirts from his bag and spread them on the bed, "You sleep on it for a while, don't touch these quilts, I'm afraid it's unhygienic, wait for me to come back."

  "Yes, I'll wait for you." Meng Xiang lay down obediently, looking at him with tender eyes, which seemed to contain endless love and reluctance. At that moment, Ye Puzhou's heart softened and he just wanted to hold her in his arms.

  He squeezed his palms, finally suppressed the urge, turned around and left the room.

  The sound of the door closing was heard. Meng Xiang lay on her side, her nose filled with his scent, a light, fresh fragrance that was very soothing. Before she knew it, she fell asleep.