Angraj Karn

The kingdom of Panchals was shining like the brightest of star. Streets were adorned with silk veils, flowers and happiness. The path toward royal palace had flowers spreaded on it. People were busy in decorating there homes. All one could see was colours and happiness.

The royal palace looked no less than indrlok. The brownish yellow colour of walls shined like gold. Flowers adorned every single thing. Dancers, musicians, actors everyone was busy in entertaining the guests.

Every kingdom was eager to get atleast one fire born as their queen. Guests were arriving from every known kingdom. They were showered with flowers and were welcomed by Satyajeet himself.

Admist all this sat a woman clad in light yellow saree. Her hairs dancing with the cool breeze passing her balcony. Her face looked calm and serene giving no sign of her internal turmoil.

" Draupadi?" Her jiji's soothing voice calmed her senses a bit. She hugged her immediately , relaxing in her mother like embarace.

" Jiji what will happen if Rajkumar Arjun didn't come?"

" He will dear. If your love is true then nothing can bind him from not coming " Aanyati tried to calm her little sister. But her own mind was not sure if any of the pandavas will come or not.

After calming her sister a bit she decided to calm herself. Due to the guests already arriving, Draupadi was forbidden by Swarnika to come out but Aanyati wasn't. She passed through the large corridors of her palace to reach the little temple of Vishnu built beside the kridangan on her wish. Luckily none of the guests were interested in practising so she could pass without hearing any cheesy flirty line. She had experienced a lot when she was in Hastinapur.

On her way through kridangan, she saw a bow kept on a table nearby. That bow looked divine in every sense. She wasn't able to resist the urge to touch it.

She moved her hands slowly from one end to the other.

" This is not an ordinary bow devi" a heavy voice made her look around" it requires respect toward shastr (शस्त्र) and the knowledge of shastra(शास्त्र ) to lift it up "

A man clad in royal clothes smiled at her curiosity to lift the bow. Aanyati smirked. She moved her hand on the bow again and lifted it up in a second in front of him.

" I have both, knowledge of shastr and respect toward shastras "

" That's worth praising devi, not everyone can lift it up " said the man in amusement. Aanyati placed the bow on it's place.

" But don't you think, gazing at the princes is wrong for the princess having swayamvar " he said with the same smallest of smile on his lips. Aanyati chuckled hearing him.

" I think you have mistaken me to be Draupadi, I am not Draupadi, I am her elder sister Aanyati " said Aanyati with a beautiful smile." And I was not gazing any prince "

Oh! So she is the divine fire born who insulted Duryodhan by rejecting his proposal. He thought.

" Forgive me Rajkumari, I wasn't able to recognise you" he said but with a little stiffness this time.

" Neither am I, this divine bow must belong to a great warrior, who are you manyavar?" Asked Aanyati with the same smile.

" I am Angraj Karn" he replied.