Wedding

Prayers, birds, animals, music and her uncontrollable heart beat. This was all Aanyati could hear as she woke up. She was immediately taken for bath. Her long blackish brown hairs were washed and dried. Khol was applied on her lotus like eyes. Her lips were tinted in red just like her cheeks. A beautiful red saree with golden embroidery was choosen for her. Gold ornaments including anklets, kamarband, necklace, bangles, rings, bajuband, nose pin, earings and mang tika adored her. She looked no less than a goddess. Her aura was divine. But her heart was still in turmoil.

She was going to step in a new life, a life full of conspiracies, dangers and troubles. She is supposed to protect her family before herself. Their life will always be in threat from every side. She had seen the pandavas brothers with each other. They trust each other more than themselves. Their jyest holds the position of father in their life. Sehdev hardly interacts with anyone, keeping his thoughts to himself , Nakul keeps joking all the time so no one knows whats going inside him, Arjun puts his family before himself, he is ready to sacrifice himself for them, Bheem plays like he don't understand anything but deep down he cries for their misery and their jyest holds all these in himself.

She knows her life is going to be more than normal. With a deep breath she opened her eyes to see her Sakha standing there assuring that he is always with her. No matter what happens, he will be there by her side.

" Sakhi!! I am always with you, if not physically then mentally. No one can seperate Krishna's Krishna from him. I live in your heart. I am you" he said in his enchanting voice. His words were enough to calm Aanyati. A smile climbed up to her gloomy face.

Krishna forwarded his hand for her which she took smiling. Maybe it was her Sakha's presence which made her smile even in the worst. For him, she will die happily.

Walking through the red carpet surrounded by beautiful flowers, her gaze was held high as always but she didn't dare to meet Yudhishthir's eyes. Maybe she was unsure about some things which she have to clear with him.

Yudhishthir too didn't look at her. He knew she is looking mesmerising just like always. He knew her gaze is held high. He knew she is going to be his from now on. But is she ready for that. He didn't know.

Soon all the rituals started with holy chanting of mantras. The agni present in kund shined differently, as if Agni Dev himself is blessing his daughter. The time of garland exchange came. Both stood in front of each other with garland in their hand. Their eyes met. Time stopped for them. She saw guilt in his eyes and he saw uncertainty in her eyes .

" You will have your whole life to drown in each other's eyes, complete the rituals first" Vishwa's teasing voice made them come out of their world. Elders were suppressing their laughter and youngsters were laughing whole heartedly. Aanyati's cheeks got covered with deep red hue, she looked anywhere but him. He too was trying his best to not blush. His gaze straight.

Aanyati put a garland of lotus on his neck followed by him. Then the time of Kanya dann came. Drupad came forward and ordered the same to Swarnika. Everyone was surprised on his words. Swarnika too didn't imagine this and now her tears flowed without any barrier.

The day she decided to take care of Aanyati, she had no idea this girl with become her life. She came forward and handed Aanyati's hand to Yudhisthir. Then they stood up for mangal phere. Her odhni was tied with his agnavastra tieing them in a never ending bond till eternity. They gave vows to each other in the presence of holy fire.

Kunti came forward with a chudamani in a plate. She remembered what those eight pears represent.

Unity, strength, patience, devotion, respect, trust, love and dharma.