4

Su Wenchen couldn't wait to pick up the bowl, blew on it, and pursed his lips to take a sip. The hot soy milk made him frown, but he didn't stop, taking one sip after another.

  "Sister, it's delicious." He put down the bowl, rubbed his hands, and stuck out his tongue at Su Tian.

  The Su family swallowed their saliva and picked up their bowls to taste the food.

  "Hmm, I've never tasted this flavor before. It does taste like beans, but it tastes much better than beans." Su Wenhai said after taking a bite.

  "Yes, yes, it tastes very smooth and doesn't make your throat irritated at all. It's much better than porridge!" Su Wanqing also nodded in agreement.

  Wu Fen wiped Su Yin's mouth and took a sip of the soy milk: "Indeed, Sister Yin can drink it. She loves to drink it."

  As if to agree with her mother's words, Su Yin's whole face was almost in the bowl.

  The rest of the people were busy drinking soy milk and nodded.

  Su Tian looked at everyone's reactions and felt relieved: "This soy milk has more than one flavor. I happened to go to the county town this afternoon and bought some sugar. It will taste good if sugar is added." As she said this, she added a little sugar to everyone's bowl, and they could taste a sweetness.

  Zhang Guihua stirred the soy milk with sugar in it and said, "After adding sugar, the soy milk becomes more precious."

  Su Tian nodded: "That's right, I thought, two flavors would give everyone more choices."

  The family thought about it for a while, and Su Dashu made the final decision: "Let's do this for now. The second and third children will go to grind the soybeans later, and the others can go to bed early. Since we want to sell it for breakfast, we have to get up early."

  "Hey, Dad, the price of this soy milk has not been determined yet." Su Wanhe spoke up to stop Su Dashu.

  Su Dashu slapped his head and said, "Look at me, I actually forgot such a crucial question. What do you think is a suitable amount, Sister Tian?"

  Su Tian smiled and pursed her lips: "Here's what I was thinking. Don't we have that ladle at home? One ladle of plain soy milk costs one cent, three ladle of it costs two cents, one ladle of sweetened soy milk costs two cents, three ladle of it costs five cents, and the more you buy, the cheaper it is. Do you think this method will work?"

  "I think so too," Su Wanhe nodded. He was the only one in the family who worked as an accountant in the county town and had some understanding of these things.

  Su Dashu touched his face and said, "Does anyone else have any opinions? If not, let's go by Sister Tian's price."

  Everyone in the Su family nodded in agreement.

  "That's fine." Su Tian smiled slightly: "Second uncle, Dad, one pound of soybeans can produce about five pounds of soy milk. Can you grind out eighty pounds tonight?"

  "It's a small problem and it will be fixed soon." Su Wanqing said as he pulled Su Wanhe to the yard.

  In the yard, Su Wenzu and Su Wenyang were checking the cart at home to see if there were any modifications. Good luck with soy milk tomorrow. After Zheng Chunmiao helped Su Wanhai back to the room, he followed Wu Fen to clean out the bucket of soy milk.

  It was late at night, and everyone in the Su family went back to their rooms to rest.

  …