114-115

"Your Highness." Su Tian walked out from behind Chai Wei and smiled at Xuanyuan Zelan with curved eyebrows.

  "Why didn't this kid tell me when he came?"

  Xuanyuan Zelan had a happy look on his face and raised his hand to call Su Tian to come over to him.

  Su Tian stepped forward and saluted obediently: "I just arrived today. I rushed all the way and came here after settling down."

  "She's thinner and taller..." Xuanyuan Zelan reached out and stroked Su Tian's shoulder, looked at her carefully, and asked the maid to serve tea.

  "Sit down and take a rest. It's hard for you to think of coming here just after you arrive. You should rest for a day or two first."

  Xuanyuan Zelan said this, but he felt very relieved in his heart: this girl came all the way here, and the first thing she did was to come and visit, so she must be taking it very seriously.

  The two of them sat together and talked for a while. Su Tian took out two jars and said, "I took advantage of the cold weather during the New Year to make some new things at home. I wonder if the Marquis and His Highness can get used to them."

  "What you cook always tastes good..." Before Xuanyuan Zelan could finish her words, her face was filled with the smell coming out of the jar.

  Seeing this, Su Tian quickly closed the lid and asked worriedly, "Your Highness, are you not used to it?"

  The jar contained fermented bean curd, and the fermented smell was inevitably a bit pungent. People who had never eaten it would naturally not be accustomed to the smell. During the Chinese New Year, no one in the family dared to pick up their chopsticks at first. In the end, it was not until He Yuanting made a "heroic sacrifice" that the fermented bean curd was accepted.

  "It's not that I'm not used to it..." Xuanyuan Zelan picked up the hot tea and put it under his nose, then he came to his senses, "This smell, it seems like there is alcohol in it?"

  "This fermented bean curd does have wine added to it, so it smells a bit strong, but if it's made into a dish, it will have a special rich aroma." Su Tian explained, "It tastes great when eaten with rice or porridge on a daily basis."

  "If you like a stronger flavor, ask the kitchen to crush a piece of fermented bean curd, add water to make fermented bean curd soup, cut the pork belly into pieces and put it in to stew thoroughly. No other seasoning is needed. The fermented bean curd pork will be rosy in color and have a strong and fragrant flavor, which is also quite distinctive."

  Su Tian's description was so vivid that the listeners drooled.

  Xuanyuan Zelan asked the maid to send the jar of fermented bean curd to the kitchen, and according to Su Tian's instructions, asked the chef to use the fermented bean curd to cook tonight.

  "The Marquis likes to drink a little on weekdays. If he sees dishes made with wine, who knows how novel it will be." Xuanyuan Zelan smiled while twisting her handkerchief to cover her lips, "What is that jar?"

  Next to Su Tian's hand was another more delicate milky white porcelain jar, which was small and shaped like a round plate.

  "This is cream, it's sweet and can be spread on pastries." Su Tian carefully opened the lid, revealing a soft, milky white paste inside.

  "Cream?" Xuanyuan Zelan's eyes revealed a hint of doubt.

  "It's made with milk." Su Tian picked out a suitable dessert from the dessert plate, spread a light layer of cream on it, and handed it to Xuanyuan Zelan, "Your Highness, would you like to try it?"