76-77

late at night.

  "Master, the man who took advantage of the chaos to escape from the black iron mine has been found." Shen Qi's figure was looming in the darkness, the candle in front of him was shaking, and the light and shadow were trembling on Shen Wenzhao's face.

  "Where have you been?" Shen Wenzhao's voice had a hint of fatigue. If you looked closer, you could see bloodshot lines in his eyes, and it was obvious that he hadn't had a good rest for a while.

  These days he has been secretly investigating Xiao Huaifeng's private property. A few days ago, he finally found an opportunity to break through one of the mine entrances. He thought he could get evidence of him privately casting weapons, but he didn't expect to fail in the end.

  The situation was chaotic at the time. His people mixed into the crowd with evidence, but the person who was arranged to meet him was killed in advance by Xiao Huaifeng's people. However, that person did not receive the message in time and took advantage of the chaos to stuff the evidence into the pocket of a passing miner.

  When the mine returned to peace, Shen Wenzhao received the news and hurriedly sent people to look for him. The miner was pale and thin, with weak limbs. Judging from the direction he left, he should have taken the opportunity to escape, but he could not walk far on his own two legs.

  "......" Shen Qi hesitated for a while, and finally said, "In Miss Su's restaurant."

  “?” Shen Wenzhao raised his eyes. What a coincidence?

  "That man is none other than Yu Hu, the long-missing son of Aunt Wang from the restaurant."

  Shen Wenzhao put down the brush in his hand and tapped the table lightly with his right index finger.

  For a moment, the air in the room seemed to be still.

  "Let's go to Qiyun County."

  ......

  "Xiao Hu, what's in your pocket?" Aunt Wang got up early in the morning and took out Yu Hu's changed clothes. There were holes all over the clothes, some of which were even torn into strips.

  Aunt Wang originally planned to mend it and continue wearing it, but after picking it up and taking a look, she found that the effort she put into mending it would have cost her more fabric than if she had just bought it, so she might as well just throw it away.

  Out of habit, she reached into her pocket and rummaged around to make sure nothing had fallen out. She actually pulled out a long square object, one end of which was smooth, and the other end was engraved with a pattern she couldn't understand. It looked more like a seal than anything else.

  Yu Hu was leaning against the bed drinking medicine. When he heard Aunt Wang's voice, he turned around to look. He couldn't see clearly because it was a distance away, so he thought it was a branch he picked up on the way back. "I don't know what it is. It's useless anyway. What valuable things can I have on me? Just throw it away, mother."

  After saying that, he snuggled back into the quilt. It had been a long time since he had slept on a soft bed, and Yu Hu was very fond of the current temperature.

  After hearing what he said, Aunt Wang stopped investigating and just put the clothes in the pile of groceries outside, planning to sort them out and sell them when she had free time.

  After washing her hands, Aunt Wang went straight to the kitchen to prepare meals for Yu Hu.

  The doctor said that Yu Hu needed to rest well, so she had to make something that Xiao Hu liked for him so that he could gain more weight and heal faster.