96-97

study.

  Shen Yuanyi and Shen Wenzhao looked at each other in silence. Sitting below them were Xu Jin and another Eastern Palace official, Chai Fu.

  "If we take this path, the Ministry of Revenue..."

  The four of them looked tired after thinking for a long time, and Shen Yuanyi even raised his hand and pinched his eyebrows hard.

  The hot tea on the table was refilled cup after cup, and Shen Wenzhao only felt bitterness in his mouth at this moment.

  If only there was something refreshing right now... like... huh? Like this smell lingering on my nose right now...

  Shen Wenzhao gently opened his eyes, which were originally closed, and couldn't help but take a few breaths: Where does this fragrance come from?

  I glanced at Xu Jin and the others, and happened to meet two pairs of curious and excited eyes.

  "Chongwen, do you smell it?" Chai Fu sat next to Xu Jin and asked in a low voice while smelling the spicy smell in the air.

  Xu Jin put his hand on his rumbling stomach and nodded vigorously.

  Shen Yuanyi was sitting at the top and had a full view of their little expressions. He naturally smelled the alluring fragrance. He turned his head to look out the window, only to realize that it was already past Youzheng (6pm).

  "......" Shen Yuanyi pursed his lips: It would be better to just serve the meal directly.

  "My Lord, His Highness has sent someone to deliver dinner..."

  While I was thinking, I heard the intermittent voice of the servant at the door.

  "come in."

  Xu Jin and the other person sitting together instantly had their eyes lit up. They smelled it! The aroma just now became stronger when the servant was talking. It was clearly tonight's dinner!

  "yes."

  There was a rustling sound, and several maids came in carrying four steaming copper pots, placing one in front of each person.

  There were many plates on the remaining space on the table. Looking closely, I saw red, white, green and yellow dishes, both meat and vegetables. But... why were they all raw?

  "Miss Su came over in the afternoon and made this hot pot in the evening." Seeing Shen Yuanyi frowning a little, the maid in front of the line explained in a few words.

  Su Tian?

  Shen Wenzhao captured the key words, she is coming.

  When he looked down at the pot, his eyes softened a little.

  Shen Yuanyi originally wanted to scold them for eating it raw, but when he heard that it was Su Tian's idea, he swallowed the words that were about to come out of his mouth.

  "Miss Su said that you can put whatever side dishes you want on the table, but you should put the ones that are not easy to cook first..."

  The maidservant talked a lot, but Xu Jin and Chai Fu really didn't hear a word they said. The soup in the pot was bubbling, and the aroma kept coming into their noses, making their heads dizzy and their minds full of this thing called hot pot.

  After the maid finished the introduction, she led the other young sisters outside the house to wait.

  "Let's eat first." Shen Yuanyi didn't really understand it, but he didn't care. As long as the food was cooked, it would be fine.