82-83

If you were to ask what food is the most popular in Qiyun County recently, it would have to be the roast duck from Su's Restaurant.

  This roast duck has only been on the market for three or four days, but it has already become a favorite of many diners. Although a serving of roast duck costs half an ounce of silver, its amazing taste is unmatched and can only be found here.

  Anyone who comes to eat out will naturally not mind spending a few dozen silver coins, and this has become a must-order dish on almost every table.

  Originally thought that thirty ducks a day would be more than enough, but in the end they were basically sold out in advance every day, and the supply could not meet the demand. Considering the complexity of roast duck making and the cost-effectiveness of the entire restaurant operation, Su Tian did not increase the number of roast ducks, but instead purchased a fixed amount of thirty ducks from Old Man Zhuang every day.

  Ever since the roast duck he brought home last time won the favor of his granddaughter, Old Man Zhuang was even more friendly when he saw Su Tian. He even took the initiative to collect the shed duck down with his wife and handed it to her, which saved Su Tian a lot of effort.

  ......

  "Mom, this much duck down should be enough to make several vests." Su Tian looked at a pile of bulging sacks in the corner, which were all filled with processed duck down.

  Li Hongyue sewed carefully, gesturing from time to time: "This duck down is really good. I made a pair of knee pads for your grandparents. They have done farm work all their lives, and their bones hurt when the weather gets cold. They should be more comfortable when they wear them."

  "That's right. As long as we can keep selling roast duck, there will be a steady supply of duck down. By then, everyone in my family will be dressed in duck down from head to toe, and we won't be afraid of the cold in winter."

  Su Tian walked to Li Hongyue's side, pulled out a piece of dark blue cloth and pretended to fold it. She rolled her eyes twice and glanced at Li Hongyue. Seeing that she didn't react, she bit her lip and said, "Mom, I have nothing to do now. Can you... teach me how to sew?"

  Li Hongyue bit off the thread and looked up at Su Tian: "I asked you to learn before but you refused. Why do you suddenly want to learn needlework now?"

  Su Tian pouted and didn't answer directly: "Just tell me whether you will teach me or not?"

  She said this while pretending to be a delicate girl.

  Li Hongyue patted her head gently and said, "If you want to learn, go get a needle and thread. Don't just talk here. You have no sincerity at all."

  Su Tian stuck out her tongue at her, turned around and took out a new set of needlework from the drawer of the cabinet.

  "Hey, Mom, I got it." Su Tian sat down next to Li Hongyue and reached out to take the scissors to cut the cloth.

  "Wait a minute!" Li Hongyue quickly moved the scissors aside and pointed to the charcoal next to her: "Don't rush to cut the cloth. Mark the marks clearly so you can know the size..."

"Oh..." Su Tian touched his nose and reached out to get the charcoal. There was no chalk at the moment, so he could only use the charcoal from burning the pot to draw patterns. However, it was very convenient to wash with water, and it would not leave any traces.

  Learning needlework is very demanding and the process is very strict. The mother and daughter taught each other one by one, and before they knew it, half a day had passed and they finally figured out the basic steps.