122

The bandit’s lair was a day and a half’s journey from the capital. Considering Su Tian’s energy, the group did not return directly to the capital, but went to the nearest house.

  "This is also the courtyard of the marquis' mansion, just rest assured." Shen Wenzhao walked in front to lead the way.

  The yard is relatively simple, but very clean. Someone takes care of it every day, and the green plants are beautifully cultivated.

  Su Tian took a shower and changed her clothes. The scalding hot water made her feel dizzy. She fell into a deep sleep without even having time to fill her stomach.

  After an unknown amount of time, Su Tian was shaken awake. She felt dizzy, her limbs felt heavy as if they were filled with lead, her throat was tight, and every spit she swallowed was extremely hot.

  "Miss, Miss." Next to her was the maid from the mansion, who was arranged by Shen Wenzhao before he left.

  Su Tian wanted to speak, but the swelling in her throat made her feel very uncomfortable. She tried several times but couldn't make a sound.

  The maid saw that Su Tian's face was abnormally red and sweat was slightly on her forehead. She felt something was wrong and reached out her hand to touch Su Tian's head to feel around.

  "Ouch! Why do you have a fever?!"

  The maid's face changed and she went out in a hurry.

  The room became quiet again. Su Tian lay on the bed with her eyes half open and soon fell into deep sleep again.

  ......

  Shen Wenzhao was still dealing with the bandit issue. When he heard the report from his subordinates, he was startled: "Has the doctor gone?"

  "I have just invited him, he should be here by now."

  "You go and interrogate them one by one first, and then report to me after summarizing the information." Shen Wenzhao looked solemn. After making some simple arrangements, he went to Su Tian's yard.

  The doctor arrived very quickly, and was already writing a prescription when Shen Wenzhao arrived.

  "Doctor, what is the cause of the fever?"

  The doctor stroked his beard and said, "The girl has been frightened these past two days. If you relax your body and mind suddenly now, you will naturally suffer a backlash. I will prescribe a few prescriptions to reduce heat and calm the nerves. You will be fine after taking them for two days."

  Hearing that the fever was not caused by injury, Shen Wenzhao breathed a sigh of relief: "Thank you, doctor."

  The prescription was taken out, and the kitchen quickly fried a bowl of medicine and sent it over.

  Shen Wenzhao sat beside Su Tian's bed. She was a little confused due to the fever. She was humming unconsciously, her lips were starting to crack, and her brows were furrowed.

  He scooped up a spoonful of medicine and handed it to Su Tian's mouth, saying softly: "Be good, drink the medicine and you won't feel hot anymore."

  "Hmm..." Not sure if she really heard it, Su Tian opened her mouth very happily, and after taking a spoonful of medicine, her red little face wrinkled into a ball.

  "bitter..."

  Shen Wenzhao scooped another spoonful: "There's still a little left, it will be gone soon."