68-69

"Miss Su, my wife wants to eat the lemon shrimp I made last time today. Please help me!"

  Chu Tao, Lin Li's personal maid, appeared at the back door on time, waved her handkerchief and said with a smile.

  Su Tian made a gesture of receipt to her, picked up a small basin and scooped out half a bowl of fresh river shrimps from the tank.

  Lemon shrimps are very easy to cook. Put them in cold water and add onions, ginger and garlic to remove the fishy smell. After cooking, take them out and rinse them with cold water. The alternating cold and hot water will make the shrimp meat firmer.

  The peeled shrimp meat is red and white, each one is as long as a finger, and each one is plump and neatly arranged in a bowl. Then pour the freshly prepared sauce over the shrimps, and add some diced onions and minced garlic to increase the spiciness and enrich the taste.

  It's no wonder that Lin Li was craving for the lemon shrimp. The plump shrimp meat in the bowl was soaked in the sauce. The sauce-colored sauce was mixed with slightly sour lemon juice and a few drops of fruit wine. It had a hint of mellow sweetness and was refreshing and appetizing. Su Tian even drooled at the smell.

  "Miss Chu Tao, the lemon shrimps are ready. You can take them back and marinate them for half an hour or so. They will be more flavorful and ready for lunch." Su Tian poured another pot of grapefruit tea into the wooden box. "This tea tastes sour and sweet, and it's full of fruit pulp. Madam, you can drink it for fun when you have nothing to do. It won't do any harm to the baby in your belly."

  Yes, no one expected that Lin Li was pregnant.

  At first, she and Wu Zikun didn't take it seriously, thinking that Lin Li simply wanted to change her taste. But a few days later, when the doctor, who was on good terms with the Wu family, went for a routine consultation, he found out that Lin Li was pregnant, but the pregnancy was still in early stages. He just told her to take good care of herself and he would come back for a follow-up visit in a month.

  This piece of news made Wu Zikun so dizzy that he asked the doctor to stay in the side courtyard of his home. He wanted to drag him to stay by Lin Li's side three times a day. After a few days, Lin Li got annoyed when she saw him. In the end, she had to use the child as an excuse to drive him out.

  Wu Zikun was not angry even though he was kicked out. He would visit his brothers and relatives every now and then, and he wanted to announce to the world that he was going to be a father.

  Lin Li had a weak constitution to begin with, and not long after they got married, the doctor told her to eat more. If she didn't take good care of herself, she would have difficulty conceiving.

  Lin Li could not accept this result and even forced himself to eat for a while, but it backfired in the end and he had to give up.

  Fortunately, Wu Zikun is a man of affection and righteousness. Not only did he not put pressure on Lin Li, but he was more considerate, often comforting and enlightening her. He also kept himself clean and never went out to flirt with other girls. This is why Lin Li's condition did not worsen. However, she was still frail and weak.

  Wu Zikun had always wanted her to eat more, which was why he had been exploring for delicious food for so many years. If he saw something he liked, he would bring it back to Qinglu Mansion at any cost, just to coax Lin Li to eat more.

  Unexpectedly, after Su Tian came, Lin Li not only ate half a bowl more of rice at each meal, but Su Tian also often made some snacks and tea for Lin Li to replenish her qi and blood and relieve her spleen deficiency. Seeing her complexion becoming more and more rosy, her health seemed to be much better.