48-49

"It's really you!" Wu Zikun strode closer. "I thought you were hallucinating because you missed the food in the restaurant too much."

  "Boss Wu!" Su Tian was overjoyed. She was unfamiliar with the place and unexpectedly met Wu Zikun on the first day. She had originally planned to write to the address he left after she settled down.

  "Miss Su, why are you here?" Wu Zikun greeted.

  Su Tian told him roughly what had happened during this period.

  Wu Zikun showed a hint of surprise on his face: "I didn't expect that the two little brothers are so talented and have made their mark at such a young age!"

  Su Tian was very happy to hear others praise her younger brother, but she was still modest: "The two boys are indeed smart since they were young, but it's not as exaggerated as Boss Wu said. It was also a fluke that they passed the county exam this time, not to mention that there is still the provincial exam later..."

  "Hey! Don't say that! Although the county exam is the first hurdle in the imperial examination, those who pass it are selected from among hundreds! Miss Su, please don't say such things, or you'll get discouraged!" Wu Zikun interrupted Su Tian in a hurry.

  "It's still like this?!" Su Tian was shocked and immediately covered her mouth.

  Wu Zikun nodded seriously: "Of course. I just heard you say that you are looking for a place to stay during this period of time?"

  "Yes, I've looked at several inns, but none of them seem suitable. I don't know how my father is doing." When Su Tian mentioned this, she sighed deeply.

  "I have a yard next to the Imperial Examination Hall. If Miss Su doesn't mind, why don't we go there?"

  Su Tian waved her hands repeatedly: "No, no, no, no need, there's no need to trouble Boss Wu!"

  Just kidding, this is not appropriate for non-relatives...

  Wu Zikun opened the folding fan in his hand and waved it slowly a few times: "My yard was where the previous scholar lived. Miss Su, are you really not going to consider it?"

Su Tian felt the cold wind blowing nearby and silently moved a little further away. However, when she heard that it was the place where the scholar had lived, she stopped in her tracks.

  Seeing that Su Tian was somewhat tempted, Wu Zikun added fuel to the fire: "It's not like we're letting you stay here for free. At most, the accommodation fee will be cheaper. We still have business dealings between us, so this is nothing."

  "Um…"

  The place where the scholar lived has a good environment and good fortune. Maybe Wen'an and Wenchen can also share in the good fortune. Don't say that Su Tian is feudal and superstitious. Why would he need a bicycle after traveling through time once?

  It would be rude to refuse now that people have said so. At worst, I can just give Wu Zikun some extra sauce on the list later!

  Su Tian thought for a moment, then immediately responded and thanked him: "Then I'd better obey your command, Boss Wu."

  Wu Zikun put away the fan and said with a hearty smile: "Miss Su, you are too polite. I will ask my servant to go back with you and show you the way. There are clients waiting for me ahead. I am afraid I cannot accompany you today. When I am free tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, I will host you and we can get together again."

  "Okay, thank you for your concern, Boss Wu, and for taking up your time. You can go ahead and do your own thing. I can handle this myself." Su Tian saw him off, and they said goodbye to each other and walked back.