102-103

Until New Year's Eve, Su Tian just stayed at home eating and sleeping. She spent the New Year holiday so solidly that her bones were almost falling apart.

  During this period, Su Yin's cough was almost healed, but she still liked to pester Su Tian for hawthorn syrup. Su Tian would just warm up a bowl for her each time, and then drink the cold bowl herself.

  It's good to be at home. You don't have to worry about anything. Several aunts have arranged everything for you. Su Tian is so bored that she gets up and fries some fried dough sticks.

  Su Miao fried the white fat until it was golden brown, and the lard was packed separately for cooking. Su Tian asked for the lard residue, sprinkled it with sugar, and everyone took turns putting one or two in their mouths. It was so delicious.

  The lard residue tastes better when it is hot, but when it finally cooled down, Su Tian chopped up some cabbage and some vermicelli, mixed them with the lard residue and made lard residue, cabbage and vermicelli buns.

  The quantity is not large, the main point is to consume it all. The steamed buns are so fragrant even with the skin, that Su Yin can eat two in a row.

  Not to mention that Su Tian has also made meat floss.

  Add a large piece of pork tenderloin and various spices into the pot and cook. After 15 minutes, take it out and let it cool. Cut it into thin slices along the texture of the pork, beat it with a rolling pin to make it fluffy, and tear it into thin strips.

  Since there was no blender at the moment, Su Tian simply took out the stone mortar and crushed it bit by bit, just to kill time.

  Pour the ground meat into the pan and fry until the water is dry. Add some seasonings and it will be fluffy, soft, and salty and fragrant meat floss.

  When eating porridge that night, Su Tian sprinkled a handful of it on it, which made Su Yin very happy. In one mouthful, there was porridge and meat floss at the same time, which was salty and delicious!

  ......

  After the tenth day of the first lunar month, Su Wanqing was going back to Qinglu Prefecture with Li Hongyue and Su Tian. He had originally planned to take Su Dashu and his wife to visit the prefecture city, but the old couple refused, saying that they were too old and weak to travel long distances.

  Su Wanqing had no choice but to give up and only reminded his two brothers to remember to write if they had any problems. Su Wanhai and Su Wanhe naturally promised to do so.

  When Su Tian came back this time, she went to the bookstore on purpose and picked out a few enlightenment books to give to Su Yin.

  Su Yin was already six years old, and in this small place of Qiyun County, there was no teacher who could take in female students, so she had to learn to read and write at home.

  Mrs. Tian and Chen Xiangxiang also got one or two books each. They learned as many characters as they could in their time and practiced calligraphy by following the copybook, otherwise they would be laughed at if they went out with their poor handwriting.

  When Mrs. Tian received the book, her eyes turned red again, and she asked Chen Xiangxiang and Aunt Wang to coax her.

  "It's almost time, let's go."

  Everything is fine here in Qiyun County, so there is naturally nothing else to explain. We said goodbye to everyone one by one, and it was time to say goodbye again.

  ......

  The scenery along the way is becoming more and more familiar.

  All in all, Su Tian hadn't been to the branch for nearly two months. She felt a little guilty when she saw the gate of Qinglu Mansion from afar: she was about to meet Shuangxi and the others.