14-15

"Ning'er was also a clever kid when he first learned to speak."

  Shen Wenzhao and Su Tian walked side by side. An An cried so hard that he fell asleep in Su Tian's arms. Just now, Li Hongyue wanted to hold him to sleep in the house and almost cried again.

  "But when I first met An An, he was already unwilling to talk." Su Tian frowned.

  "Yeah." Speaking of this, Shen Wenzhao felt a little guilty: "We were negligent at the beginning. During that time, some things happened in the mansion. Ning'er's father and I were entangled in important matters. When my mother gave birth to him, her health was damaged and she had to rest. The nanny who took care of Ning'er was instructed to do some bad things to Ning'er. By the time we found out something was wrong, he had already..."

  "Then how do you explain An An's disappearance?" Su Tian's face was already a little unhappy at this time, and her tone involuntarily became a little questioning.

  Her An An, who was still so young, had experienced such a fatal thing.

  Shen Wenzhao choked slightly: "This time... he went to worship Buddha with his mother. On the way back, he was attacked and lost contact with his family."

  Su Tian remained silent.

  Shen Wenzhao seemed to feel Su Tian's oppression, but he didn't know where to start at this moment, and no matter what he said, it would seem like an excuse.

  "Sorry." Shen Wenzhao opened his mouth, and all his emotions finally turned into just two words.

  Su Tian's lips curled up into a smile, but that smile did not reach her eyes: "How can I be worthy of Mr. Shen's apology? Instead of wasting time, I'd better think about what to do next."

  …

  “Sizzle…”

  Su Tian threw a handful of garlic shoots into the pot and shook the pot skillfully a few times.

  "Sister Tian, ​​Mr. Shen is sitting at the table across the street again." Su Wenzu stealthily lifted the door curtain.

  Su Tian lowered his eyes. It was the fifth day.

  After the last long talk, Shen Wenzhao came to the restaurant every day, ordered a few dishes, and sat at the table facing the window, so that he could just see An An through the window.

  Wiping the edge of the pot with a spoon, Su Tian handed the stir-fried pork with garlic shoots to Su Wenzu, untied her apron and followed him out of the kitchen.

  "My grandma has something to do tomorrow, and there's no one to take care of An An."

  Shen Wenzhao raised his head, and after listening to Su Tian's words, his pair of dark eyes slowly flashed with joy.

  Su Tian was caught off guard and met the other person's eyes. The bright look made her feel guilty for some reason, and her tone was a little unnatural: "You... you don't have time, so forget it. I see you running here every day and sitting here for the whole day. I thought you were bored."

  After saying that, he turned around and ran back to the kitchen.

  After a while, Su Wenzu stuck his head out and said, "Hey, he left. He asked me to tell you that he will come on time tomorrow." He said with a sly smile, "What did you say to him?"

  "Go do your thing. Tell grandma to have a good rest at home tomorrow. Someone has taken the job."

  Chapter 15

  When Su Wenzu opened the door, Shen Wenzhao was already waiting outside. The morning humidity stained the corners of his clothes, and his nose was frozen red by the still cool air.

  "Mr. Shen, why didn't you knock on the door when you came? It's so cold outside!" Su Wenzu quickly stepped aside to make way for Shen Wenzhao.

  "It didn't take too long, it's no problem."

  In the yard, Su Tian had already taken An An to wash up.

  Perhaps knowing that he didn't have to leave, An An slept very soundly last night. Now he was very energetic. While Su Tian was washing his face, he kept patting the water in the basin with his hands.

  "Sister, look at me!", and then he slapped it again with a "pa" sound, and the water splashed high.

  "An An!" Su Tian was also affected and deliberately made a stern face towards An An.

  When An An saw that something was wrong, she quickly twisted her body and got into Su Tian's arms: "Sister, An An listen to me and wash yourself well."

  It has been such a long time since An An last spoke that his tongue is still not very flexible and is often sticky.

  Seeing An An acting cute, Su Tian couldn't help laughing, and the two of them started playing together again.

  Shen Wenzhao stood by the door with his hands behind his back, quietly looking at the two figures not far away, his starry eyes and sword-like brows revealing a hint of tenderness.

  Su Tian noticed the gaze behind her and looked back: "Master Shen is here." Then she tidied up An An and led her over.

  "An An, can you play with your uncle today?"

  An An blinked her grape-like eyes without saying a word, holding Su Tian's hand tightly. However, she seemed to feel that she shouldn't treat her uncle like this, and she looked uneasy.

  "An'an." Su Tian squatted down and looked at him at eye level: "Uncle will stay here with you and won't go anywhere. An'an can still look after sister like before, okay?"

  An An turned her head to look at Shen Wenzhao again, bit her lip, and reached out to hold his hand: "Be good, An An, sister is busy."

  "Then I'll leave An An to you."

  Shen Wenzhao felt the soft touch of the child in his palm, and the corners of his mouth curled slightly: "Thank you, Miss Su."

  …

  Today, Su Ji Restaurant reopened after two or three days, and there was already a long line at the door before dinner time.

  "Hey, boss, it wasn't a monthly holiday a few days ago, why didn't you open the store? I haven't eaten your food in the past two days, and I'm so worried and anxious."

"Something happened at home in the past two days, so we were delayed. Everyone enjoyed the meal today!" Su Wanqing explained happily.

  "Okay, give me a portion of braised pork, stir-fried spring bamboo shoots, and spinach and pork liver soup!" He was very happy to order this.

  Su Wanqing wrote down the menu and said, "Okay! It'll be right there!"

  Su Tian was very busy, taking turns to cook on the two pots, and occasionally observing An An's situation through the window.

  Shen Wenzhao pulled An An to sit down under the eaves at the edge of the yard, and for a moment he didn't know how to start.

  "Uncle...", a mosquito-like voice sounded in my ears.

  Shen Wenzhao lowered his head and saw An An tugging at the corner of her clothes, occasionally tickling the pattern on it with her fingers.

  "Ning'er." Shen Wenzhao raised his hand and covered An An's hand: "Ning'er has suffered these days."

  Shen Wenzhao's palm was large and warm, warming the back of An An's hand.

  An An stared at her held hand and blushed slightly: "No...don't suffer, sister is good."