6

"Grandpa, we have been selling soy milk for almost six or seven days. I plan to make tofu today. Tofu is also made from soy milk." After closing the stall and going home today, Su Tian found Su Dashu and told him about her plan.

  "Tofu? What's new about it?" Su Dashu was a little confused.

  Seeing his expression, Su Tian had no choice but to say, "Tofu is made by adding a certain amount of gypsum to soy milk. After stirring, it solidifies into a solid. If it is compacted, it becomes tofu. If it is not compacted, it can also be made into tofu pudding. I will make it later and let's try it together at home. It is guaranteed to be delicious!"

  "Okay, tell your dad how much soy milk you want and ask him to grind it for you."

  Su Tian took out the gypsum she had bought before, which was called Baihu in this era. She almost couldn't buy it in the pharmacy before.

  Take a certain amount of gypsum and slowly dissolve it. One pound of soy milk and about 10 grams of gypsum powder are needed to make tofu that is neither bitter nor astringent.

  The soy milk in the pot here has already boiled. Su Tian skimmed off the foam on top and asked Li Hongyue to remove the firewood. After it cooled for a while, he slowly poured the gypsum water into the soy milk while stirring it gently.

  Tofu pudding gradually appears in the soy milk. At this time, Su Tian stops stirring and covers the pot. Now just leave it to time!

  …

  After a cup of tea, Su Tian came to the kitchen, followed by a bunch of little radishes. Su Wenyang and the others were very curious. In their opinion, adding gypsum to soy milk to make it solidify was simply a magic trick!

  After opening the lid of the pot, the soy milk inside had basically solidified into tofu pudding. Su Tian scooped out half of it and prepared to make a sauce with the remaining half to taste together.

  Su Tian put the beaten tofu brain into gauze, squeezed out the water, and then put it into a mold made of several wooden boards. She pressed a stone on top to drain the remaining water.

  Su Wenchen grabbed Su Tian's sleeve, opened his eyes wide and asked: "Sister, are you not okay yet?"

  Su Tian shook her head: "We have to wait another half an hour."

  "Ah..." A few little rascals expressed disappointment and regret after hearing this.

  Su Tian couldn't help laughing when she saw their expressions, and drove them out: "Why are you in such a hurry? Go out and play first, I'll call you later."

  "Okay then, sister must call us." Su Yin said softly, and was led out by Su Wen'an.

  …

  It was almost time, Su Tian went out and called the children back one by one to witness the birth of tofu together.

  "It's time to witness a miracle!" Su Tian gently lifted the gauze. The tofu pudding that had just been scattered had become lumps, with the texture of the gauze still remaining on it.

  Su Tian cut a small piece and gave it to each of the children: "Here, I'll give you the first bite."

  "Hmm!!!" Su Wenchen covered his mouth and looked at Su Tian in shock: "Sister, it's delicious!!"

  "Is that so?" Su Tian pursed her lips and smiled: "How about I use tofu to make dinner for you tonight?"

  "Okay!" the carrot heads said in unison.

  Su Tian took the tofu out of the mold, cut it into pieces, and put it in water to preserve it. She also scooped out the tofu pudding and covered it with a lid, preparing to let everyone taste it in the evening.