106-107

Not to mention that Su Tian was jumping up and down for her own "ambition", Wu Zikun welcomed an uninvited guest.

  Early this morning, Lin Li wanted to eat the braised pig's trotters from Su's Restaurant, and specifically asked for the tip of the trotter. Wu Zikun had no choice but to ask Hong Xi to go there.

  Restaurants are usually closed in the morning, but this rule does not apply when acquaintances come.

  Hongxi walked to the back door as if he was familiar with it, knocked twice, and someone responded from inside.

  "Hey, Brother Hongxi is here, what would you like to order?"

  Shitou opened the door with a broom and greeted Hongxi familiarly. The servants and maids of the Wu family had been running around very frequently during this period and had become familiar with several of the girls and boys in the store.

  "Madam wants to eat braised pig's trotters, and the master asked me to buy some." Hongxi sniffed sharply and ordered skillfully.

  The braised food fresh out of the oven in the morning has the richest flavor. The hot waves spread out, and the whole courtyard is filled with the aroma of meat.

  "Okay, okay, wait for me for a moment." Shitou stepped aside to let Hongxi in, then turned to look for Shuangxi.

  Soon he came over with two bulging oil-paper bags.

  Shitou handed two oil-paper packages to Hongxi and pointed at the smaller one: "These are the snacks that the shopkeeper just taught Shuangxi and the others yesterday. They made some new ones this morning. You can have a taste for them too."

  "Why do I need to taste it? The craftsmanship of Shuangxi Red Apricots is still at this level now!" Hongxi took the oil paper bag and gave a thumbs up.

  Shitou wrinkled his nose and said, "Oh, stop talking. They are obsessed with learning cooking. They ask everyone to taste their food. My tongue is going numb from tasting it."

  Hongxi patted his shoulder with a smile and said, "Thank you for your hard work, brother."

  "Madam is still waiting. I will go back first."

  Hongxi didn't bother to say hello. He put the oil paper bag into the wooden box and left in a hurry.

  Returning along the same route they had come, when they reached the street in front of the Wu family's gate, Hongxi saw from afar two unfamiliar carriages parked at the gate, and the servants in the carriages were negotiating something with the doorman.

  Fearing that something might happen, Hongxi quickened his pace.

  As soon as he approached, the curtains of the carriage were half lifted by the people inside.

  When he saw half of the round and plump face exposed from the corner of the curtain, Hongxi shuddered suddenly.

  "Master...Master?!"

  Wu Ziming was already feeling annoyed. This doorman was a new hire brought in by Wu Zikun after he settled down here. He only recognized familiar faces and wouldn't listen to anyone else.

  Hongxi stepped forward and bowed, "Greetings to the Master and Madam. I didn't know the Master was coming today. I hope the Master won't blame me."

  Wu Ziming snorted coldly and was about to explode when Wei Tong, who was standing beside him, covered his mouth with a handkerchief and coughed lightly as if unintentionally. Wu Ziming curled his lips, swallowed the words that were about to come out of his mouth, twisted his neck and said nothing more.