10-11

Zhang Guihua specially made some fragrant and soft white flour buns today, each of which was as big as a grown man's palm. With some side dishes cooked by Zheng Chunmiao, Su Tian's cheeks were bulging with food.

  "Grandpa, this time when we come back, Dad and I plan to go to the county town together." Su Tian swallowed a mouthful of steamed bun: "The restaurant at home is really busy, Dad and Big Brother are too busy every day."

  Su Wanqing nodded: "Yes, Dad, my eldest brother's leg is almost healed. Let's take the children with us to the county town this time. It's time for the younger ones to go back to school."

  Su Dashu was still a little hesitant, but he felt sorry for his son and grandson who were too tired, and his grandsons' studies could not be delayed. After a few breaths of silence, he agreed: "Then listen to Sister Tian, ​​go back to your rooms and pack up. Tomorrow I will go to the village chief to rent out the land, and we will move to the county town in the next few days."

  "Master, you don't have to rush. Before I came back today, I went to see Uncle Liu and asked him to help keep an eye on the house. I think we will get some news tomorrow night when we go back."

  "Okay, once you rent the house, your uncle and I will go there."

  …

  "Oh, Aunt Zhang, you're taking your granddaughter out for a walk again!"

  "Yes, the restaurant is almost busy right now, so let's take her over to have a look," Zhang Guihua replied happily.

  After returning from the last monthly break, Liu Er took Su Tian to see the house, which was a courtyard-style house with an entrance and an exit.

  Su Dashu and Zhang Guihua lived in the main house with Su Yin, Su Wanhai and his wife lived in the east wing, Su Wenzu lived in the west wing with Su Wenyang, Su Wen'an and Su Wenchen, and Su Wanhe also quit his job as an accountant and lived with Wu Fen and Su Wanqing's family of three in the small courtyard behind the restaurant.

  This area is full of tenants. Since it is on the edge of the county town, the rent is not very expensive. You can rent the entire house or a single house. It only costs two taels of silver to rent the entire house for a month.

  A middle-aged couple lived in the courtyard on the left. The man worked as a bodyguard in the escort agency, and the woman was an embroiderer. On the right, a constable rented the house with his parents.

  It has been a month since Su Tian's family moved here. Now there are four more tables in the restaurant. Zheng Chunmiao, Wu Fen, Li Hongyue and Su Tian are still busy in the kitchen. Su Wanhe is responsible for collecting money and keeping accounts at the counter, while Su Wanhai, Su Wanqing and Su Wenzu are responsible for taking orders and serving dishes.

  …

  The restaurant business gradually stabilized. Because the dishes were novel and delicious, there were returning customers every day. Although it was busy, everyone had their own duties, so on average it was not that tiring.

  In a few days it will be the Chaohua Festival of the Dayan Dynasty, a festival to bid farewell to winter and welcome spring, and to pray for good weather and a good harvest this year.

  Su Tian decided to adjust the restaurant's holiday, combining the monthly holiday and the Chaohua Festival to take two consecutive days off, just in time for her to have a good time in the county town with her family.

  Chapter 11

  On the day of the Chaohua Festival, since the activities only started in the afternoon, there was no need to get up early. Su Tian's family of four slept comfortably and ate a little before going out. There were various performance stages by the river this afternoon, and there must be a lot of food along the way. Of course, they couldn't go with a full stomach. There were also lanterns in the evening. Su Tian couldn't help but mutter in a low voice: "Modern festivals are not as lively as this!"