104-105

Ever since Lin Li gave birth, Wu Zikun had been beaming with joy every day. He simply doubled the monthly wages of his subordinates and postponed his own plans for the next ten days in order to accompany Lin Li wholeheartedly.

  "Ali, look at Xing'er, she can even laugh now!"

Just after breakfast, Wu Zikun washed his hands and took Xing'er from the nurse's arms.

  The older twin was nicknamed Chen'er, and the younger was Xing'er. Their full names were chosen by Wu Zikun, who specially asked someone outside to choose them with great care, and said they would announce the names on the day of the full moon banquet.

  Lin Li was half leaning on the head of the bed feeding Chen'er, covered with two layers of fine down quilts.

  The maidservants worked carefully, and Wu Zikun gave special instructions, so the bedding and Lin Li's clothes were changed frequently, keeping them fresh and dry.

  "Yes, that's what your girl is capable of."

  Seeing Wu Zikun unable to let go of her baby, Lin Li also had a faint smile on her face. Having two children, she now has more charm, and her whole body is shining with a maternal glow.

  As if dissatisfied with the fact that all his parents' attention was on his sister, Chen'er suddenly increased his sucking strength, causing Lin Li to let out a low cry.

  "This brat has no idea how to feel sorry for his mother!" Wu Zikun leaned over to take a look and snorted.

  My Xing'er is still the most well-behaved one.

  Lin Li defended him: "What does such a small kid know? He just eats and sleeps, why bother talking about him?"

  After saying that, he lowered his head and poked his son's cheek. Children grow up quickly. In just a few days, the redness on his face faded, and he looked fair and tender. The lower half of his face looked about 70% like Wu Zikun. Lin Li couldn't help but think of their childhood.

  "Have you arranged the banquet for the full moon banquet?"

  The baby in his arms was full and twisted his body and fell asleep with his head tilted. Lin Li tucked in his clothes and put Chen'er next to the quilt before asking.

  Wu Zikun rocked Xing'er to sleep, and when he heard this, he raised his eyes and said, "The list of invitations is ready, and I'll hand it over to you tomorrow. As for the banquet, let's ask Miss Su to take care of it..."

  Seeing him chattering non-stop, from the table to the guest list, to the things he had bought for the children, and finally he even wanted to give the two dogs at the gate a new dog basin, his lips opened and closed with bloodshot eyes.

  Apparently Wu Zikun is in a very good mood now, and he wants to announce to the world that he has two heartwarming babies, but...

  "Have you received any letter from your parents-in-law?"

  Perhaps thinking that this was the best opportunity, Lin Li pursed her lips and finally asked.

  Wu Zikun, who had been chattering nonstop, suddenly fell silent. He lowered his head and gently patted the sleeping baby in his arms, while his right hand kept kneading the corners of the swaddling clothes, as if he was going to twist them into pieces.

  Seeing that he lowered his head and kept silent, but did not refute, Lin Li continued tentatively: "Don't say it, after becoming a mother, I suddenly felt a little soft-hearted. Every day in the future, I will be tied to them, accompanying them as they learn to speak and to walk. I have begun to imagine what I will do if Chen'er and Xing'er quarrel in the future..."