12-13

"Captain Fang, the government still hasn't responded?"

  That day, when Su Tian was sending Zhang Guihua back to the courtyard, she happened to meet the neighbor on the right. Constable Fang worked in the government office, and it was he who helped Su Wanqing take An An to register last time.

  "There is no news yet. Don't worry. An An's appearance features and birthmarks have all been registered. If someone comes to look for her, it won't take too long," Constable Fang comforted.

  Su Tian pulled up a smile and said, "An An has been away from her family for such a young age. It won't be a big deal after a long time. Thank you for your concern, Brother Fang."

  Constable Fang grumbled, "This is nothing. We are just neighbors. You are too polite."

  Zhang Guihua also expressed her gratitude, "I'll ask Sister Tian to send some marrow cakes to your grandfather and grandmother. They are a new delicacy that we just came up with. Beef marrow oil is added when kneading the dough. They are so fragrant when they come out of the oven. If you take a bite while they are still hot, your tongue will fall off."

  "Okay, my old couple likes this. Thank you, Sister Tian!"

  "Brother Fang, you're too polite."

  …

  The soy sauce that was brought from the village some time ago was also successfully fermented. Su Tian made light soy sauce and dark soy sauce at the same time. The difference between them lies in whether caramel is added.

  With the new seasonings, Su Tian plans to launch a few new dishes.

  "Boss! Give me another portion of that new dish you just made, stewed pork ribs with potatoes! Make sure the potatoes are cooked till soft! The last time I used that potato with rice, it smelled so good that I couldn't stop thinking about it until I went to sleep."

  "Okay." Su Wanqing made note of it and reminded, "The row of pickles in the corner are made by my daughter. They are free, but you are not allowed to waste them or take them away."

  "Oh, Miss Su is preparing some new food. I have to try it." As he said that, he stood up, took two small plates and walked over.

  Su Wenzu was sharp-eyed. Seeing that he hesitated for a long time, he recommended: "This white radish kimchi is our signature dish. It tastes sweet and sour. It is appetizing and relieves greasiness. If you like spicy food, you can try this cabbage kimchi. It tastes spicy and stimulating. You will be addicted after one bite."

  "Okay, then I'll try these two first."

  …

  The days go by one after another.

  That night, Su Tian was stretching in front of the restaurant when it was closing time. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar figure rushing towards her.

  Su Tian took a closer look and found that it was Constable Fang. Her heart skipped a beat. Was there any news about An An's family?

  "Miss Su." Constable Fang was in a hurry, panting slightly, and said, "An An, someone from the government office came to claim An An, and is on his way here. I came to give you a heads up."

  "Brother Fang, you've worked hard. Come in and have a cup of tea and rest."

  As they were talking, Su Wenzu ran in from outside: "Sister Tian, ​​there is a carriage outside the door just now. The man said his surname is Shen, and he... wants to see you... and An An." As Su Wenzu spoke later, his voice became smaller and smaller, and he even seemed a little at a loss in the end.