9

The next day, Su Tian and Su Dashu went to see Liu Er on time. As Su Tian had guessed yesterday, tables and chairs were provided with the rental of the house.

  Liu Er said cheerfully, "The master has given me some face. If you rent it, I can reduce the rent by one tael for three months."

  Su Tian smiled and said, "Thank you so much, Uncle Liu." Then she tugged at Su Dashu's sleeve and said, "Master, let's make it a deal. Please, Uncle Liu, take us to sign the deed."

  …

  Holding the deed, Su Dashu felt his heart bleeding when he thought about how he had spent five taels of silver in one go. After all, over the years, the family's annual harvest was only seven or eight taels.

  Of course Su Tian would not give him the chance to regret, and immediately took Su Dashu to buy things.

  With her own restaurant, Su Tian was jumping up and down when she walked. There were still many things to order. She had to find someone to make the restaurant sign and menu, and she had to find out where to buy the ingredients and firewood. When the opening ceremony came, she had to order the lion dance, bouquets, and firecrackers in advance. It was a lot of things to do! After the trip, she spent nearly two taels of silver.

  After a busy period, Su Tian and Su Dashu returned home dragging their tired bodies.

  After dinner, everyone in the Su family gathered together to discuss who in the family would go to the restaurant to help out tonight, after all, there was no room for so many people to live in the backyard.

  "My legs are still not convenient for walking, so Chunmiao should stay at home with me." Su Wanhai spoke first: "Wenzu is a young man who can help a lot, so let him go."

  Zheng Chunmiao agreed.

  "Let your second aunt go with us." Su Wanhe pulled Wu Fen, "She has worked with us at the stall before, and can help in the kitchen. The other two little ones at home can't help much, so they should stay at home and not cause trouble."

  Su Tian nodded: "Then let's go clean up tomorrow and tidy up. The things I ordered with you today will be ready in about three days, so we still have three days to prepare."

  "Grandpa and grandma are old now, so they don't need to run around with us anymore. They have to take the trouble to take care of the kids at home."

  Zhang Guihua couldn't disagree: "Just do it this way."

  …

  Three days passed quickly and the restaurant was completely renovated.

  Su Tian brought the soybean paste and soy sauce jars from home on a cart. These two things were prepared when she first started the soy milk business. It has been more than 20 days now. Yesterday, Su Tian took a look at the soybean paste and it was almost ready to use, but it was still too early for the soy sauce and she would have to wait at least four months.

  "We're going to open in two days, let's divide the work among everyone." Su Tian clapped her hands.

  "My second aunt and mother help me in the kitchen, and my father and eldest brother are in charge of serving food and settling bills in the lobby." Apart from other things, when the Su family was living a good life in the past, several men in the family were able to read and write.

  "The kitchen is only busy in the morning when we prepare food. After that, my second aunt and mother can go to the lobby to help." Su Tian thought about it for a while and said, "Let's decide it this way first. We can adjust it after the opening."