116-117

When going to the Marquis' Mansion, you naturally have to bring the signature snacks. It is not only a token of your thoughtfulness, but also a proof of your own value.

  Of course, a cream cake is a must. Su Tian made an eight-inch one, which was simply decorated with some patterns without many designs. It had a simple beauty, but was also stunning enough.

  I also prepared twelve egg tarts that I had made for Lin Li before, in three flavors: original, jam, and red bean.

  In addition, a few pieces of jam pies were specially baked and packed. They looked very similar to the ones made by Mai Jia in modern society. Although the puff pastry had some shortcomings, the pure natural jam had a richer flavor, which complemented the taste.

  A few desserts had just come out of the oven, and the courtyard was filled with a sweet smell. A trace of it drifted to the front of the inn, attracting inquiries from other guests.

  The waiter was also puzzled. He had never smelled such a smell before, but he didn't want to lose face, so he just replied that it must be the food made by the guests in the backyard themselves.

  Su Tian was unaware of this episode. She packed all the desserts into boxes and strolled towards the Marquis' Mansion.

  An An, whom I haven't seen for a year, now seems to have lost the fat of his childhood and has grown taller, like a green bamboo.

  When she saw Su Tian, ​​An An originally wanted to throw herself into her arms and cuddle with her like she used to, but after a year in the Imperial College, she had learned most of the poetry, books and etiquette, and considered herself a grown-up child. She felt a little shy to act like a child again, so she put on a stern face and greeted Su Tian in a proper manner.

After saying hello, he couldn't avoid the closeness in his bones and leaned in front of Su Tian to whisper.

  "Sister, I ate the cream you brought for grandma!" An An smiled sweetly, "I really want to eat cream cake..."

  Su Tian touched his little face. The last time she made a cream cake for An An was on his birthday the year before last. Two years had passed in the blink of an eye, and the child could still remember it.

  "How do you know..." Su Tian took the cake box and quietly opened it a crack, "Did I bring it?"

  "ah..."

  An An took a look inside, covered her little mouth excitedly, and twisted her chubby body with joy.

  "Cake! It's a cake!"

  "Shh...there are other things. Eat them after dinner." Su Tian cruelly closed the box, blocking An An's view of the cake.

  Looking at An An's wrinkled little face, Su Tian suddenly felt a sense of satisfaction and evil humor in her heart.

  Without Su Tian's help, the dinner didn't have any special meaning. It was just the usual food. There were snacks that Su Tian brought hanging in the front. The few people only ate until they were 70% full before asking the maid to take the snacks away.

  "Sister! Hurry!"

  An An was taken by the maid to wash her hands, and when she came back she started to circle around Su Tian again.

  She asked the maid to help divide the desserts she brought into several portions. In front of each person, there was a plate with a small piece of cake, two egg tarts and a piece of jam pie.

  The jam pie was a little cold now, so Su Tian went to the kitchen to borrow an oven and re-baked it. The excess fat inside was squeezed out and then wiped clean with wax paper. It became more crispy and less greasy.