18-19

Hearing the noise, a fat woman walked out of the house. Her eyes, squeezed by fat, showed a hint of shrewdness. It was Zhang Dacheng's mother, He Erhua.

  Seeing that her front door was kicked in, He Erhua screamed instantly: "Where did you come from, you little beast! Why are you kicking my door!", and was about to come over to scratch Su Wenzu's face.

  Su Wanhai saw it, stretched out his hand to stop it, and directly grabbed He Erhua's sleeve and threw her back: "Who are you calling a little beast?!"

  He Erhua staggered after being thrown, and finally stood firm. She spat on the ground fiercely: "Zhang Dacheng, don't stay in there like a turtle grandson. Can't you see your mother being bullied in her own yard?"

  The door curtain was lifted again, and a thin man walked out slowly, picking his teeth. A pair of small eyes embedded in his face made him look a little wretched. "Hey, isn't this my father-in-law? How come you're back again after just leaving?"

  When Su Wanhe heard this, he trembled and raised his finger to point at Zhang Dacheng, unable to speak.

  "Dad, Mom, Grandpa?"

  A wooden door on the right opened.

  Su Miao was washing dishes in the kitchen when she heard some noise in the yard. She thought it was her mother-in-law practicing her eloquence again, but when she came out to take a look, she found it was her parents who had gone home at noon.

  Thin.

  Su Tian stared at Su Miao closely.

  Su Miao, who still had some baby fat before getting married, now has sunken cheeks, which makes her already large eyes look even bigger, as if they take up half of her face. However, her eyes, which used to be watery and cool, are now numb, and only flash with light when she sees her family.

  A thin layer of coarse cloth was covering Su Miao's body, with her hands hanging outside her sleeves, as if they would be blown down by a gust of wind.

  Su Miao seemed to want to say something else. Her bloodless lips trembled again and again, but she could not utter a single word.

  "Big sister!"

  Su Tian let go of Wu Fen's hand, walked quickly to Su Miao, and took her hand: "Why are you so thin?"

  Su Miao's hollow eyes rolled around, focusing on Su Tian: "...Tian...Sister Tian?"

  Su Wenzu couldn't help but punch Zhang Dacheng in the face when he saw his sister, who he had grown up with, like this. "Zhang Dacheng, is this how you treat my sister?"

  Zhang Dacheng was caught off guard and hit all over the face, and his steps became even weaker.

  "Ah!!" When He Erhua saw her son being beaten, she rushed over and protected Zhang Dacheng behind her.

  "What have we done to her? How have we ever done anything wrong to her? My son provides her with food and drink! But she is so good! She has been pregnant for more than a year and still hasn't had any movement! My Zhang family is so unlucky! We married a daughter-in-law who turns out to be a hen that doesn't lay eggs!"

  He Erhua lay on the ground crying and making a fuss, and soon a group of people who heard the noise gathered outside the door to watch.

  Zhang Dashu rubbed his chin and said provocatively, "Isn't it just to ask her to wash the dishes and feed the chickens? Which wife doesn't work at home? She is the only one who is spoiled."