2: Explosion

The ground was soft. I closed my eyes as I leaned my head back, sparkles in my sight.
Some warm blood was trailing down my face from the bridge of my nose into my closed eye. What a bother.

I just laid still and quiet, listening to the snickering voices as they walked away.

My mind returned to the conversation I had had with that one Cody person. I should hang for just a little. Hang on until I could put back on my mask.

I should do that actually. As soon as the snickers had disappeared I got up.

In a random public bathroom I cleaned myself up a little. It wasn't like I could go home and do that anyway. That would delay me even further and if I was unlucky (which I knew I was) I'd get even more of a mess.
My mask covered my face and I smiled at the feeling.

The smile messed with my annoyance, I felt weird, like I would just lash out on the most random things at that moment.

Just like usual. I found that one person from the day before, the older man. He was eating some snack, those squid filled dough balls. He offered me some, and my hunger was the one that accepted, not me.

It had been a while since I had had food, so I ate quickly.

"Calm," the older man said, "You will choke if you eat that quick!"

"Days of hunger," I said thoughtlessly, "Let me eat."

"...I'm more and more concerned. Where do you live?"

"Near your mom." I finished the food and threw the paper in a bin. The older man looked at me slightly disappointed but I shrugged. "I've got stuff to do, but thanks for the food."

"Be sure to pass by my shop sometime, if you need anything. Anything."

I just nodded and walked off. For real! I had something to do. I looked at a random clock, one I always found on a screen next to one that showed the news. I nodded. I would be in time to see the new drugs enter my area.
I would catch those motherfuckers and eat them.

Not— no. I mean, I was still hungry, but I wouldn't eat drugs...
...or humans.
Shaking my head at my confusing thoughts, I walked into a building.
You'd think stealth would be a thing, but not for me.

I walked right in, taking off my mask and putting on a more common one you'd see people wear.
My hand found a knife as I walked into the lights of a large open room.
Someone stood across a group of people, a large suitcase in the middle of them.

"It's legit." The one person said, "Bought it right from the Tarantulas."

Tarantulas? Like spiders? Must be an organisation of sorts.

"Yeah... I can see the logo," one of the people in the group said.

I listened, curious of what kind of drugs they were selling. What did they want to do with it, and who was 'the Tarantulas'?

"Did you test it?"

"N—No," the seller stuttered, "My quirk is explosive, I'd kill not only myself, but others as well."

"I see," the buyer said, "You're not very committed to this business then huh."

"No— it's not like that."

"Then take the drugs."

"You can't ask me that!"

I glanced to the exit. Should I leave or...

Ah fuck it, who's tarantula? I wanna know.

"I can, and I am," the buyer said, "Do it, or I'll kill your in my own way."

"Don't," the seller shook his head. He looked down at the suitcase in fear before he crouched down and opened it. He looked horrified as he looked at the white powder inside it.
He grabbed some powder and with shaking hands, seemed to prepare it.

I looked in interest, considering to see what effect it would have on a quirkless person. Though, I could also just... not waste random stuff.

"How long does it take to work?" Someone asked nervously. They seemed about as scared as the seller.

The buyer send them a glance before activating a purple shield which surrounded everyone around him, excluding the seller and the guy that asked that question just now. I looked at the shield curiously, suddenly realising the room was getting weirdly hot.

My eyes glanced to the door again. Just when I turned around the room lit up in a bright neon orange, turning into white. I found myself thrown into the air before I found a harsh floor, though something softened my fall somehow.

Everything ached.

What just happened...?
Did I actually just get blown off my feet?

I tried to look up. Rubble lay everywhere... a lot, and the rubble was so big!

The buyer stood in the purple shield. He slowly dropped it and walked forwards. He grabbed the suitcase and smiled.
"Lovely how cheap things are these days, huh."

Someone snickered. Don't laugh! That wasn't a funny joke!

I tried to get up, but everything ached. My legs didn't work quite right.
The villains walked away and I managed to get on legs and arms... wait.

This wasn't right. I looked down at my hands, finding fur.

My eyes widened.
Black fur, rough and dead looking, ending in a paw.

...
No, I distinctly remember not having paws?

I looked back, finding the body of a cat behind me.
My body.
My body of a cat.

What the...

I was standing on my clothes.

Yeah, no.

Not today, thanks.

I glared at where the villains disappeared. I should still try. I walked, four paws on the ground uncomfortably.
Slowly I realised I was slow and useless this way. I sighed and stopped walking.

The busy street moved around me as though I was a piece of trash they didn't want to step in.

Now what?

I looked around once more.
Someone would find my stuff...
They would find the half beaten up building.
They would find me?

Hopefully I'd get brought to a bed, or food.
Or they would take me to a some rescue centre, or like, a vet?

I started walking again. I wouldn't let anyone take me, not before, and not as a cat!

Either way, I should find a hero. Someone who would know what to do.

How should I turn back?

Without clothes it would need to happen somewhere safe.

It would need to happen at all, which would be a challenge in itself.

Let's hope I can fix this shit.
And find some food. I'm hungry.