12: Trouble

When I climbed back into my room I didn't expect someone to stand there, arms crossed and a glare on her face.

"Where were you?" Laura said angrily.

I glanced at the window. "Outside."

"Don't make me put you in time out!" Laura put a finger in the air, "Making sure you go to school is not my only job here. You better tell me where you were or I'll—"

"What?" I smiled and tilted my head, "You'll hit me like my daddy did?"

Laura glared at me. "Don't test me young lady!"

"Then tell me, cause I'm seriously curious, what will you do?"

"I won't hit you," Laura made clear, "But follow me."
She started walking and I raised an eyebrow. Did she expect me to follow? Laughable.
"Come on," she said at the door.

"You know I can just stay here, right?" I said a bit too amused. These people couldn't touch me, I realised.

"Well then, count yourself grounded." Laura said.

"Oh no," I gasped rather fake, "How horrible."

Laura walked to my window and I let her. What I should have expected, but I didn't, was that she grabbed the key from the window and locked it.
"There! And don't make me lock your door as well!"

I watched her walk away with a slightly anxious feeling in my stomach. What if I was wrong... what if she would start beating me up once I was locked up...

I walked to the window and tried to open it using my claws. For a while I just clawed at it. While I tried to pry it open the wood broke a bit. My fingers ached before I gave up.

A knock sounded on my door.
"Hey, you okay?"
I didn't answer and the door opened softly.
Shinso looked at me as I sat at the window.
"I heard Laura yell at you."

I glared at Shinso now. "Fuck off."

"No need to let out your anger at me." Shinso put his hands in the air.

A growl escaped me and I found myself hissing at him.

Hesitantly Shinso raised an eyebrow. "You're starting to scare me now."

"Good, then you can finally get the fuck out!"

"I'll leave you," Shinso assured, "But I won't tell you that there's an extra key hidden in one of the dresser's drawer. It's totally not in every room. God I'd be a traitor if I said that."

I felt my tail swish behind me as I got up. I opened the dresser and looked through it.

"Hold on—" Shinso walked up to me, "Your hands are bleeding."

He walked up to me and I stepped away.
"Don't touch me," I glared at him.

"Okay, I won't," Shinso sighed, "But don't ignore wounds, they'll get infected."

I rolled my eyes. My leg totally wasn't aching right then. I should rest it, but I didn't want to.
I found the key and walked to the window. I unlocked it and Shinso let out a tsk when he saw the bloodied wood.

"What?" I growled.

"You're like an actually cat."

"What?" I said, ridiculed now, "No I'm not."

"You are," Shinso grinned and put his hand in my air between my cat ears, "And you're hair is soft too!"

I swatted his hand away and gave him a glare, "Don't do that!"