5: Why can't Anything be Normal?

Sneaking into my room was easy. I had done it before. I climbed up the few stories, didn't look down and reached my unlocked window. I knew nobody was so crazy as to climb six stories up, so I didn't bother locking my window.

Shakily, I reached my window and climbed in. Quickly I used a chair to lock my door. The actual lock didn't work thanks to my dad.
I knew that if he found me here I'd be dead so I tested the door, finding it unable to open.
Tiredly I walked to the shower. I found clean looking clothes and put them on.

Closing my eyes, I realised how impossibly tired I felt just that moment. Earlier I had broken down into tears already, I felt like doing it again, but I knew I shouldn't.

Pounding sounded on my door. "Open it, little shit, open the damn door!!"

I put on a thick sweater and hugged it to myself.
As I stood in the middle of my room, I wished to be back on the couch at Erasureheads house. Asleep. Dead.

I should put on my...

Mask.

Once more tears rolled down my cheeks.

Two breakdowns in the same hour? That's my life now, great!

I wanted to curl up into a ball as crazy ideas filled my head. Calm down.

A few long hours later I walked near the site of the explosion. It was taped off with classic police tape and some cops were having a lunch break. Damn... I skipped another meal.
I wasn't feeling hungry, but I shook, everything feeling weaker and weaker. I knew my body would give up soon.

Suddenly I heard my stomach grumble. I missed how it wouldn't do that when I was being a cat. Funny how what I was missing was actually just drugs.
As I stood there, I that about how it was like:
A talking cat named after the wizard of Oz, two heroes I had seen on my patrol route a few times and almost having to leave without clothes. It made me want to cackle. It sounded like I was in drugs alright.
But I just stared at the explosion site. Should I head in? Find the mask? No doubt they already found it.

"Hey!" One of the cops said, "Walk along!"

I rolled my eyes.
Enjoy your lunch! (That was meant insulting!)

"Hold on," a cop, which looked more like a detective, said, "Are you alright?"

Was he referring to my red eyes? The dark circles on it? How pale I looked? Which one was it?

"Just wondering what happened," I said, trying to ignore how cautiously the detective came over, "I heard someone used their quirk in the explosion, but what should I believe..."
My eyes couldn't help but to skip to the food. Why did I have to get cursed by sudden hunger?

"You're hurt," the detective noticed the scratches on my hands and face, "Why aren't you wearing a coat."

"You're awfully noisy," I mumbled tiredly, "I fell, that's all."

"Where's your coat?" The detective asked again, "You look like you haven't had food in weeks."

Don't overdo it, it's more like days.

My eyes found the sandwich once more and the detective realised.
"I've got food," the detective said, "Where's your parents? Should I call anyone?"

I stared, wondering want to do.
I could refuse the food but...
"I'm hungry."

The detective ran to his car and came back with a cutely packed bento.
As soon as it was in my hands I chomped down on the food.

"Don't worry, it's mine, we just decided we'd rather buy sandwiches again..." the detective rambled, but I was too busy eating the contents. I sat down on the ground, feeling as though I'd fall on my own.
I wouldn't want to fall and waste any food right now.