22: Okay, this time we'll get saved! Or not!

"Fuck..." I groaned. The dark room seemed to close in around me as I tried to breathe more normally.
Where was I?
How did I get here?
What had happened?

I recalled... Cody, I remember being some shit ass villain beating me up...
Oh, they knocked me out.
Wait, was it Cody who knocked me out?

The point is, I was alive. I could move and I could get out of this... darkened room.
It was clean, empty and kind of scientific. Like a test should be held here.

A door opened, sending in some light from a hallway. From where I was on the ground I could see how long the hallway was. Multiple doors lined the wall. Where was I?

"Hello there," someone spoke calmly, "You must be the vigilante I've been hearing about." The door closed only slightly behind them, leaving light to trail into the room. I was hurt, the person wasn't. I was on the floor, the person wasn't. Crap this wasn't looking good!

I looked up with a glare, the light of the hallway reflecting in my eyes.

"You've got a name?" The person asked and I stayed quiet, "No matter. I'm the leader of the little organisation you've been pestering lately. You may call me your murderer."

"That's just cringe," I said, my voice already hoarse.

The person chuckled lowly before walking towards me, sending a kick towards my chest.

A cat like screech left my mouth before I was forced to cough painfully.

"We tested out some drugs on you," the villain said as they turned around, "It looks like it's killing you. I hope you enjoy your last couple hours. I just wanted to let you know who did it, that's all."

I tried to sit up. "Who knocked me out?"

"Mh?"

"Back at the shop," I said, "Who knocked me out?"

"—oh!" The villain grinned with sharp teeth, "It was the guy that worked there. I payed him, don't worry, I'm a villain, not evil."

...damn I had the hope that it might be someone else...

I tried to get up. Everything ached and it was warm... and cold. Was I having a fever?
How long was I out? Crap I was hungry!

Weakly I leaned on the wall as the villain stepped out of the room. I tried to stagger to the door, but it closed just when I reached it.
Slowly I leaned my head against it and closed my eyes.

Such a sad way to go...

No!
I wouldn't accept defeat!
I wasn't seeing the 'you lose' scene yet, I had to continue on. Going beyond plus ultra or something!!

I used my claws to try and pry open the door. It didn't work, so I tried sharpening them on the wall. I tried and I tried.
Finally I got tired and decided to take a break.

I closed my eyes, letting my arms fall to my sides.

I just felt so heavy...

what if I just gave up?

Sleep was pressing behind my eyes and I looked up at the door.
What if I fell asleep and would never wake up?

Would anyone find me?

I shook my head and got up again. There had to be a way...

The bounds! The rope like material the evil villain used before— you know, the first round of pain, I still had some of the rope!
It was still around my one wrist. I pried it off and tried my best to make it thin enough to fit through the door. If I could just...