18: Locked

I felt hopeless.

The ceiling stared down at me and I stared right back. After a long shower the drugs seemed to disappear. Was it even healthy to get rid of it this way? How did it all work? It worked though... I sighed and focussed on the task at hand.

The window was locked, the door was locked... the spare key was gone...

I could break the window.

Some guilt peaked through.
I had already broken some plates in anger. God, the anger wasn't even towards Laura, she didn't know those people were liars!
Why was I such a piece of shit? Why couldn't I control my anger?

I continued to stare up.
They... they won't know what happened behind closed doors, huh.

My fist clenched. Maybe I should break the window anyway? Then use a shard to gauge out the eyes of those idiotic— I couldn't kill any foster parents!

Why were my thoughts like this? Why was I like this?

I sat up, my hair falling everywhere. Why? Why?

Why did they just kick me out? Was I not good enough?

They didn't even give me a chance!

A chance for what even— for me to mess up even worse?

"Hey," I heard softly before the lock rattled, "Shinso here, can I come in? I want to talk about it."

It? It being me in the kitchen just now, no doubt.
"...no."

"Why not? If it's a secret I can keep it."

I sighed.
"I'm sorry, I already hurt Laura..."

Shinso unlocked the door finally and walked in with a frown, "You're scared that you'll hurt me? Are you doubting my strenght here?" He closed the door behind him, sending me a slight smile.

Tiredly I looked up at him. "I am."

With a laugh, Shinso plopped down on the bed next to me.
"You haven't unpacked yet."

"I was busy."

"With what?"

"Thinking off how to escape this ungodly room!" And of course, wondering why they kicked me out.

"The door is open," Shinso gestured to it, "Do you want my help with unpacking?"

"So you can see all my secrets?" I frowned at him.

"No," Shinso laughed, "I already know you sleep with a teddy bear."

"It's not like that!!" I called out, "Zawa gave it to me."

"Who's Zawa?"

"Erasurhead," I said casually, not expecting Shinso to know him.

"...no...?" Shinso suddenly looked like his head flew away. Not literally.

"Hm?"

"He's my favourite hero! You can't mean the pro hero!" Shinso's look now turned as though my head had flown away. It would make a funny quirk though, making peoples' heads fly away.

I laughed awkwardly a bit, "I guess I'm full of surprises then."

"You are," Shinso agreed slowly, "I mean, one moment you break everything in the kitchen (hey!) and then you sleep with a teddy—"

"Hey!" I called out and now hit him softly, "You're mean!"

"I know, I take pride in it!" Shinso found his grin.