13: What? You never got adopted before?

I stared at the family of three.

A suitcase was behind me and I wondered why I was still alive.

"...hi?"

"Hi, I'm Ikara," the mother said.

The father introduced himself as 'Yokita' and the child was named 'Yumi'.

I gestured to my suitcase. "Where can I put it?"

"We prepared a room for you upstairs, come," Ikara said kindly. I found a large room and tested the bed with my hand. Would I ever just get one bed? I never even got used to the one at the orphanage.

Ikara forced a smile, "I hope it's not a bother, but if you could keep all your stuff in your room?"

I looked at her, forming my judgment of the situation.
"Sure."

"Okay, and keep it clean."

I nodded.

"Bye." She awkwardly exited and I was left alone.

If only took me a few days in the orphanage for me to get kidnapped.
Laura would gasp for me calling this 'kidnapping'.

I opened the suitcase and grabbed a book from it. The first book I had finished. I liked it, it was a fantasy book, but a pretty chill one. Not one of those with war, murder, torture... it involved coffee and lattes, don't ask how they combined that with fantasy, but the author made it work.
The second book was a murder mystery. I opened it and started guessing who the killer was.

The next day I went to school. The father, Yokita, drove me there.
I sat in the car, recalling how Aizawa drove me to UA that one time. That was pretty much alright. This ride was... awkward.
Why did I only get wrong vibes from these people?

Fortunately the ride ended and I quickly said bye.
I could have walked, but the orphanage knew about my leg and how I couldn't walk a lot with it. These people clearly knew that as well.

"If anything is up, just call. We won't bite," Yokita joked.

"Yeah," I just said, "Bye."

The school accepted me with its depressing walls.
The crowd chatted loudly and suddenly I got pushed up against a locker.

"So, kitten, what's so quirky about your quirk? I don't see no cat ears!"

I stared at the person pushing his arm against just below my neck.

"You do realise that I can knee you in your privates like this, right?"
Without another word I did so.

"Fuck!" The person squeaked and let me go.
Quickly I walked away as though nothing had happened.

"(Y/n)!!" I heard a teacher shout, "Detention!!"

I sighed. He pushed me against the locker. He should get detention. Not me. Not fair!

So I didn't turn up in detention and just went to the foster home.
Ikara greeted me and offered me some snacks. I refused them, going upstairs.

"But... don't you want to spend the afternoon with us?" Yukita said with a frown, "We can play a board game."

"I'd rather play Fortnite."

"Ew, you play Fortnite?" Yumi said with disgust.

Little did they know I also played Minecraft. *insert evil laughter* I don't judge...!
Though, without a laptop I wouldn't be able to play any game. Nobody had found my makeshift computer either it seems, and I didn't want to go back to dad's apartment to see wether it was still there.

I didn't have a phone either, so I was just sad now.

This was why I climbed through the window, not wanting to interact with the awkward family.
I found myself in a hardware store and stole a few cheap things.
The rest I might have gotten from the trash...

I assembled all the parts and in no time I had myself a computer! It wasn't working yet, but it looked like a computer. I could pretend it could turn on, which was sad, but I could!
Until the sun came up I sat in my room, trying to get the self made computer working. When the screen finally lit up I smiled.

The screen showed nothing but chaos. I frowned and turned back to part one. What did I do wrong?

The sun shone through my window and I got a knock on my door.

"Hey, (y/n), wake up, it's time for school."

"I'm awake," I said, hoping they would leave.

The door cracked open, "Can I come in?"

I stared at the computer.
"Er..."

"Oh my— did you build that?" Ikara said confused, "What is it?"

"It's supposed to be a computer," I sighed, "It's not really working though." My last computer took me weeks to make.

"Oh, no matter, I can buy you one."

I perked up. "You'd do that?"

"Of course!"

And that's how I boasted to Shinso about getting a laptop.
"You really got neglected at home huh," Shinso said bluntly, "Do you even have a phone?"

"...Yes... no..."

Shinso shook his head at me. "You don't even have a phone."

"What? It's not my fault I'm a late bloomer," I muttered, "I was tagged quirkless, you know how bad that is?"
Getting a very clueless tilt of his head, I just huffed at Shinso. "Of course you don't."

"What? I've never been quirkless. Bullied because of my villain quirk, yes, but not quirkless."

"Okay," I sighed and started explaining, "It's... like the whole world knows you're wrong. Like you're missing your humanity. You get treated like trash. An object meant to get disliked. Whenever you try to talk to someone they just..."

"Quirkless!"

"What do you mean? You didn't finish your homework? Youll have detention with me, you useless piece of shit..."

"Oh, you'll do anything to get your grade up? Try to use your quirk next time."

"Ew! She's quirkless get away from her!!"

With a polite sigh I shrugged. "In short, it sucks."

"Aha," Shinso said, "I guess it's only normal you're on defence twenty four seven."

"Hm?" I tilted my head, "I'm not."

"And you're not ready to get up and bolt right now?"

"What? Where'd you get idea?"
My eyes did glance at the door and Shinso laughed. He was observant. I'll give him that.
With a slight huff I crossed my arms. What a weird guy.