24: A new Home!

Midnight was a pro hero that I would expect to be very noisy.

"SHOTAAAAAAA!"

I pulled my cat ears to my head, dropping the pizza on the plate, stunned by the sudden noise. What, where, how and why? Wait who—? That's not Midnight— that's even louder!

"Why is there a child on your couch?"
Different why, but valid question, why was I here?

I looked at pro hero Present Mic in alarm. How did he even get in? Was the apartment door even locked?

"Zawa, why is there a human microphone on your doorstep?" I asked Aizawa with a glare.

Aizawa put down his plate, sat back, and closed his eyes. "I too tired to deal with this shit."

And honestly, I couldn't be mad.
Though I glanced up from Aizawa to Present Mic, confused of what to do. I think Aizawa actually fell asleep, he didn't move... he didn't do anything.

"...hi?"

"Hi! I'm Mic! Are you the kid I've been hearing about?"

I glanced back at the tv. "Depends." I glanced at Aizawa next, "Can I tell him to leave."

"Sure."

"Shota!" Mic whined, "I need the paperwork at least!"

"Oh, is he a work colleague?" I asked Aizawa, hoping for some background info on the random stranger.

Aizawa vaguely gestured to his room, "In there."
My eye twitched as I got ignored.

Mic walked into the room. "Your cat is eating your stuff!"

I stared at the pizza. "Now I feel guilty eating the food."

"...(y/n), eat your dinner. Mic! Take your damn paperwork and don't make my cats feel unappreciated!!"

Laughing, Mic stepped out of the room.

"I'm not a cat," I argued.

"You literally just said—" Aizawa then sighed and gave Mic a glare, "Do you want pizza?"

"Yes!!"

"Keep it down."

"You shouted just now," I pointed out.

Aizawa turned the volume of the tv up, not saying anything else.

He was really hard to break— not in a weird way, I just wanted to see him mad. Like mad mad.
Like my dad always got mad.

Just to test it!

Mic stayed over, talking through the movie of course. I couldn't say I hated him, but dislike was closer to it. Like, lemme watch the movie. I really liked it, and concidering I never watched movies this was my chance to finally do so without any danger close by. Or tiny children and Laura, that just equals danger.

Aizawa finally turned off the tv, announcing bed time.

"What— bed time?" I tilted my head, "What's a bed?"

Mic snickered.
"We never heard of sleep, Shota, how do you expect us to—"

"Mic, if you want to leave and stay awake be my guest."