36: Why Coffee (sometimes) Isn't Healthy

(I don't care about the order of things (with USJ, chosing hero names, stuff like that). It's a fanfic so it shouldn't matter too much if I get stuff wrong. (Wrong? It can be a conscious choice! Or accidental, but who cares, it's a fanfic))

Normal classes started and I sat down in math tiredly.
"I want coffee..." I complained. For some reason Aizawa hated me and didn't give me any. Maybe it was because in summer I had like... three cups and then I became hyper and had a panic attack... but that doesn't change the fact that I'm tired right now!

Ectoplasm taught the class. I found it hard to focus. Instead I stared at a random fly who zoomed around high up in the class. Nobody had noticed it yet.
It was going around in circles.

Without me realising it, my tail swished behind me.

Suddenly Hitoshi kicked me and I flinched.

"(Y/n), are you paying attention?"

I looked away from the bug and nodded quickly.

"Well then, tell me... (think of something mathematic, like 1 + 1, but complicated)"

I stared at my desk. "I dunno."

Hitoshi raised his hand and answered the question. I gave him a slight glare. Show off, with his stupid attention span of more than five seconds!

I turned back to my books and tried to get my cat features away. I tried to ignore the fly as class continued, though I simply couldn't.

At lunchtime I opened the math book. I read it through, decided I should study in my own time instead of in class. If it was so hard to focus...
For some reason the cafeteria was nicer of a place to focus, and I always used to spend little time on homework, so it all worked out in the end.

Soon enough I was back in the classroom. I went a little earlier, Hitoshi trailing behind me confusedly.

"Class won't start until—"
Hitoshi stopped talking when I stepped onto one of the desks. On my hands and feet I prepared to jump, my tail swishing behind me as I tried to find the right way to balance before...

"Nya!" I jumped up and caught the fly in my hands. "Gotcha motherfucker—"

"I'm too tired for this shit." Hitoshi deadpanned as I jumped towards him.

"Well I've got it!" I showed Hitoshi the dead fly in my hands, "Here for you—"

"Ew—what the—"

"You don't like it?" I tired to push it in his face only for Hitoshi to swat my hand. The fly fell to the floor and I felt my heart sink.
"You don't like it, do you..."

"Did you have coffee again?"

I grinned suddenly. "Don't tell Zawa."

"I think he'll figure it out wether we hide it or not." Hitoshi sighed, "Run a lap or something, there's still a few classes left."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're no fun."

Though, maybe I should have taken his advice. I was practically shaking while we sat in class. I had to be active. I couldn't sit still!
It was almost unbearable, I felt a great need to just jump up and shout the words 'I'm never gonna die!'.
I didn't, I stayed seated like the stubborn little shit I was.

At the end of class a headache started forming. I jumped over a desk so I wouldn't awkwardly have to tell people to step aside so I could pass and I grabbed Hitoshi's bag.
"Let's go!" I urged him on, "I need to go, I can't sit still, if I sit still I'll just die. IcantdieImadeapromisenottodothatagainbecause—"

Hitoshi put a hand over my mouth. "You're now officially banned from caffeine."

"Why?" I pulled his hand away with a frown.

"I hate you," Hitoshi muttered.

"That's not a very good reason— anyway, let's get going!"

On our way home I turned into a cat. Hitoshi put my clothes in my bag and let me run off, carrying all my stuff.
I didn't feel bad for him, I was too busy running around, chasing birds.

We came home at last and Aizawa gave us a look.

"Where have you two been? School ended three hours ago."

"We had to take a detour," Hitoshi said as I jumped on the couch, still as a cat. Mic let me crawl on his lap and I fell asleep. "Can we tell Lunch Rush not to give her coffee?"

Aizawa gave me a glare. "So that's what happened."

"It would explain her weirdly wide eyes in class," Mic said, "Her pupils were so sharp as well, like a cat's."

"Actually," Hitoshi grinned, "She tried to offer me a dead fly."

"Oh no," Aizawa said.

"Hell no," Mic flinched, "She's gonna bring home dead things!?"

"Hey, she does it with love," Hitoshi defended, making Dorothy mew in agreement, though they didn't know. Hitoshi gave Dorothy a scratch behind her ears.

"Either way," Aizawa walked fo the door, removing a mat, "We've gotta prepare for that, my parents used to have a cat who brought home things—"

"So basically you're saying that this is your problem?" Mic said with hopeful eyes.

Aizawa looked at him with a slight joking look. "I can't be here all the time."

"I'll take over some of your patrols!" Mic tried.

"Hah, no."

"What's for dinner?" Hitoshi asked innocently.
"Should we ask (y/n) to catch something for us?"

"No!" Both adults shouted. I just sat there offended. What did these people think of me?

When I woke up the conversation was only vague on my mind. I had a headache and in my room I opened my closet, hoping to put on a warm sweater. I had homework, and I hadn't understood much because of the stupid cafeine rush. I had hoped it would help with the focussing, and I even removed the fly which... I suddenly realised just how weird that was.

"Hitoshi!" I ran from the kitchen, "You better tell nobody about—"

"The fly?" Mic guessed with teasing amusement in his eyes.

I froze up, recalling the conversation.
"Crap."

"Its not a bad thing," Hitoshi tried to assure me as I stood frozen, feeling like I had made a large mistake.

"You're a cat, we can't blame you for acting like one," Mic tried.

Aizawa came from the kitchen. "Just leave the dead things outside—"

"I'm not gonna kill things!!" I called out, "It was just that one fly!!"

"She stole my quirk," Mic said proudly at my outburst.

"If we ever have a rat problem I'll know what to do," Aizawa just shrugged and turned to the kitchen.

"I'm not—" I huffed, "I fucking hate coffee—"

"Good cause you're banned!" Aizawa called from the kitchen.

"Wha— no I'm not!"

And that was officially the worst day of my life.

"I hate all of you!!"