35: UA!

Today was the day...

I looked at the uniform. The pants had a custom made hole in it which opened when my tail appeared (and closed when necessary, it was comfortable and simply perfect!).
For a second I looked at wether I trusted it, usually I made it myself...
Then I stopped staring at my tail and looked at the uniform in complete. I stared at the officialness of it. Is that a word? Oh well, it felt very real.

I was in the hero course of UA now. A few... months ago, I was still comparing myself to a piece of trash.
And now I was still thinking of myself as a waste of space, but Aizawa told me I wasn't, so it felt less like it.
It mattered that the uniform was comfortable to me, it felt nice that I mattered a little.

Slowly I brushed out my hair and eventually nodded at myself.
"I'm gonna be a hero."

The words felt great.
Motivating!

I smiled, feeling slightly proud of this moment.
Finally did I realise that I had actually made it to somewhere in life. Dad would be staring at me with wide eyes. Hah!
...let's be real, he'd beat me up for wasting the fabric...

I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by a hug. All thoughts of my father were chased away as I tried to tug myself away.

"I'm so proud!!" Mic shouted, "Your first day at a hero school!!"

"Keep it down," Aizawa sipped his coffee, "We've got neighbours."

"And I've got ears," I grumbled as I finally got to step back, "Is Hitoshi awake yet?"

Over the summer he had become more and more used to the Aizawa apartment. Of course Shinso hadn't stayed at the foster home. The family was alright, or so he had told me, but he didn't like how they only had adopted him because of his newly aquired spot at UA.

"About that," Mic said, "When are we adopting?"

"We?" I frowned, "Shouldnt you guys be married or something legal, to adopt something or someone together? How does that work?"

"It's complicated, but also simple," Aizawa shrugged and served the breakfast he had made, "I'll ask Hitoshi later, (y/n), go wake him up."

"I'm awake," Hitoshi walked from his room, his hair was a mess and he tried his best to fix it.

The small study room, or well, it was a storage room before since Aizawa didn't need two desks, was now Hitoshi's room. With small I mean actually decent, since Aizawa had money and just shoved the wall a few meters to the side. The living room was smaller, but Hitohsi's room was bigger than mine now. Mic wasn't still sleeping on the couch, he and Aizawa shared a room.
The apartment was like a real home somehow, even though nobody here was related by blood. It seemed odd, but then again it seemed the most normal.

I liked where I was now.

I poured myself coffee and Aizawa snatched the cup from my hands.
"I'm not gonna deal with your caffeinated ass today."

I glared at him. Recently I hadn't been able to handle coffee or some kinds of medicine. Painkillers work too well on me to the point that we had to see a quirk doctor about it to make sure it really was just my quirk.
"Please?" I tried.

"No."

Hitoshi grabbed the cup form Aizawa's hands.
"Its mine now."

I felt my ears fall flat to my head. With sad eyes I looked up at Aizawa.
"Please?"

"We've got to rename her quirk," Mic decided, "To something like, puppy eyes."