30: Aizawa's Idea

Time flew by. Aizawa went with me outside a lot. We went to the park, or we'd just walk around the neighbourhood.

Sometimes he looked away so I could run off and do my own thing. One time he caught me stopping a bank robbery and dragged me home to get a lecture. 'No vigilante stuff without a mask'. I had gotten the urge to say 'yes dad', but I wasn't there yet.

He ended up taking me on patrol with him. Now he let me run off so I could do the things he couldn't. Like stalking a person we knew might technically be a villain. A hero needed paperwork and evidence before stalking could be a thing like that, but as a vigilante I could say 'fuck that' and I could figure out where that villain was heading.

And so I ran of, as long as I returned to his patrol route and met up with him later again it was fine. It never got too late, sadly, but I got to go outside and help people, that was the most important!

The drug dealers got caught after Tsukauchi interrogated me. Thanks to Aizawa I didn't get into any trouble, yet I could give all the info I knew. The effects of the drugs, where to find them, how to catch the villains. That sort of thing.

And now?

Now I was living my lazy life. The sun was warm and I got the best spots in the apartment, Dorothy was still slightly scared of me. Though, we got more comfortable around each other and she stopped hating me completely after a while.

I was allowed to skip school when I didn't feel like it, which I liked because it encouraged me to work a little harder when I was there. It was the end of the year, and so nothing mattered much anymore... in Aizawa's eyes, the teacher could go six feet under... well, not literally.
Shinso and me became better friends while we hung out more and more. Aizawa encouraged me to hang out with Shinso, which I liked. I hated being told what to do and getting locked inside was the worst. Aizawa made sure not to push me and to comprise whenever it was needed.

Honestly, Aizawa wasn't a bad guy, I liked living under his care.

Late one night I sat down on a rooftop. I was supposed to meet up with Aizawa, but honestly, I was too energetic to stop patrolling now. I thought of where to go. The old man's shop wasn't far off, this area should be more secure!

Suddenly Aizawa sat down next to me. I didn't bother to give him a glance.

"You want to get a warm drink somewhere? I'm in the mood for a coffee."

I now gave him an odd glance.
"Isn't it a bit late for coffee?"

"Says the one ready for another few hours of patrolling."

"Ass."

Aizawa shrugged and pointed at a cafe, "They've got good hot chocolate there."

"I dunno," I sighed, "I don't want to keep you up."

With a sigh Aizawa got more comfortable on the roof. "I've got an idea."

"I don't wanna go home yet," I stared down at the street below, falling would hurt a lot.

"The idea is for what school you're going next."

"I'm not gonna go to more school," I knew, "It's skippable."

"It's skippable if you want to end up without any good job opertunities. You'll end up becoming a villain."

"No I won't," I shook my head, "I would end up a better vigilante. School is just a waste of time."

Aizawa sighed and thought for a moment.
I listened to the sound of the city below and hoped he'd see the logic behind my opinion on this. "So, you want to do good?"