7: Some Action!

"What's that?" I wondered aloud, reaching down to the gun and looking at it in curiosity. The low, abandoned building was dark, the windows high up letting in small bits of light, and the door opened, and ready for exit was letting in the most light.

I glanced at the person who struggled on the ground. "You wanted to try to shoot me?"

"Don't... kill...me..."

I snorted. "Why, are you innocent?" The drugs lay everywhere around, most of it hidden in crates and boxes and paper bags. It was a lot. Too much.

"What do you want? I've got money, take it, just don't kill me!"

The gun in my hands felt good, I had to admit it, but I didn't raise it to the person. I didn't know how it worked and after looking up more information about it, I feared accidentally hurting someone with it now.
"I want info. Who's the higher ups? I don't want any of this shit drugs near my area."

"We'll keep it away!" The villain shouted, "Anything, please—"

"Oh shut up," I hissed, "You're being noisy!"

"Wha..." the person looked up confused now, "Are those cat ears?"

I reached one hand up to my head. From my hair two ears sprouted, my cloak showing the two triangles.
"So what," I growled, "I can still shoot you, asshole."

"I er..." the person looked up at me, at the ears and then sighed, "We'll— get this stuff gone. Just leave."

"If this shit isn't gone tomorrow, I'll shoot you," I smiled, "Or would you rather I scratch out your eyeballs, I'm not picky about it—"

"Don't!"

Along with the shout came the sound of footsteps. I turned around quickly, finding bright red and blue lights shining.

"Fuck," both me and the villain said at the same time. The cops had found us.
We glanced at each other before we both ran to hide.
The villain disappeared, but me?
Behind a crate? No they'd find me. What about—

I looked at a pack of the drugs.
Without thinking about it I grabbed a hand full and took a bite.
It tasted bitter, sour, and sweet all at the same time. The taste that came after was more like sewer smell, but strong and disgusting in my mouth.

I found my paws on the ground and grinned at my success.
How long would the drugs last?
Two hours? Doesn't it take two hours for food to go through the stomach? What about... what about the rest of the system? I might as well wonder about life, because I had no idea.

A cop raised a gun and looked around.
I walked passed him lazily, the cop only spared me a weird glance. Not too odd to find a random cat, still remarkable.

Outside I found the detective from before. He gave me a glance, and then a tilt of his head.

"How unprofessional is it to catch that cat?" The detective said almost randomly.

"We're doing an important drug— there he goes." A cat faced officer sighed tiredly at the Detective's actions.

I ran, figuring Aizawa had more than one friend he'd tell about that one cat. Just when I ran though, my leg started giving out.
Shit shit shit!
Why didn't I look at it earlier?

I dropped to the ground, before pushing myself up. Just when I did I got scooped up into someone's arms.

"There's a good—"

I swatted the person's face, not using my claws.

"Bad," the detective said. "bad cat."

I took it with pride.