20: That's a Deal!

Without Shinso it was boring.

I didn't bother to get out of my room much... in Laura's eyes. In reality if I didn't have much homework I just climbed out of the window. I didn't bother with anyone at the orphanage.

For a few days I was send off to some hearty family.
They lived far away, so that meant a different school. I got into one fight and I was send back.

"(Y/n)," Laura had said tiredly when she picked me up, "You've got to at least try."

The car drove, I hoped it would crash so I wouldn't be as big of an issue in comparison.

"I did," I defended myself, still wiping the blood of my nose, "I'm just done with getting called names and shit. And I didn't throw the first punch!"

"It doesn't matter who throws the first punch," Laura sighed.

"So I was supposed to just take a beating?" I legitimately wondered.

"No," Laura frowned, "...why did you ask it like that?"

"No reason," I grumbled and stared out of the window. I leaned back and waited until we would finally arrive to the empty feeling building I was supposed to call a home.

When we did arrive I hurried right up to my room. I dropped into my bed and curled up.

A soft knock sounded on my door.

"What?" I accidentally growled, my tail swishing annoyed.

Laura came I and gave me a smile. "You're lying just like a cat—"

"Don't mention it."

"Okay, I won't," Laura put her hands behind her back, "I've got a few free hours, do you want to... hang out?"

I gave her a flat stare. Did she just ask me wether I wanted to hang out with her?
"Whut."

"We could go to the mall, buy a drink— not alcoholic of course, but just a tea or... whatever you want." She shrugged, a bit hesitant herself about it.

"No thanks," I rolled around, grabbing one of Aizawa's books, "I want to read."

"Didn't you already finish that?" Laura asked and in her mind she added 'three times by now'.

"Can you leave?" I grumbled, feeling my ears fall flat to my head.

"We should talk at least," Laura sighed and gestured to the bed, "Can I sit?"

"It's my bed," I grumbled.
With another sigh Laura grabbed my desk chair and sat down, giving me a stern look.

"Okay, here's the deal," she said harshly all of a sudden, "Whenever a family sends you back, they have to have a good reason. You fight all the time, or the child doesn't feel safe in the area, or in your case, you randomly fight at school."

"It wasn't random," I stated as I opened my book and started reading.

"Either way, we remember all that shit." My ear perked up when I heard Laura swear. "If you get send back because you keep on injuring people, we have to send you to a special home."

I put my book away and sat up.
"Is this out of your hands?"

Laura nodded, a bit surprised of my sudden cooperation.

"Thank you for informing me," I nodded, now understanding the situation, "How many tries have I got?"

"Well... after five times you become a special case. You get to stay here, but we need to send you to more special people who we know can be more patient. After ten times we... I have literally no choice but to send you halfway across the country."