15: Not today, thank you

Yay! Trigger warning!
Self harm
Have a waffle 🧇
—Waffle

Dinner at the foster family was spend together so everyone got together and talked about their days. It was cute, new for me, and totally nice, every evening I got to eat food.

Until I sat there with an elephant behind me. Nobody gonna mention the elephant? No? Okay let's all just enjoy the tense vibe. I did not enjoy it.

I sat with my head down, quickly eating my plate. It was a habit, one that wasn't looking very respectful towards the food.

"So," Ikara / foster mom said impatiently, "Are we going to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" The other kid said confused.

"Her clothes, the blood."

Despite my discomfort, I decided that I didn't have to talk about it.
I looked at my shirt. "What clothes?"

"From yesterday!"

"You didn't attend dinner yesterday," Yukita / foster dad said patiently, "We were quite worried."

"Yes," Ikara said sharply, "Where were you? Not doing drugs I hope!"

I paused the food halfway from my mouth, suppressing a smile. "Thanks for the concern, but sorry, what?"

"I'm sure she wasn't doing anything illegal," Yukita said, "Right? (Y/n)?"

With a sigh I nodded. I put down the food and decided to get this over with. "Some kids cornered me at school. They thought it was funny I never showed off my quirk."

"They weren't wrong, you never show your quirk." Ikara muttered quietly. Like it was offending that I didn't show off! She just talked about illegal things and if I should use my quirk at school that would get illegal real quick! (Considering the vigilantism law: using your quirk for harming people is illegal)

"Hunny, that's about enough," Yukita said tiredly before he turned to me, "Sorry about that."

"No problem," I mumbled and finished my plate. I got up and put it in the sink.

"Wash it!" Ikara said.

Wasn't it their habit that nobody washed them until tomorrow morning after breakfast...?
Oh well. I went to wash the plate before putting it back in the cupboard. Like nobody had touched it in the first place.

I turned to my room. I was curious of the ending of the book Aizawa had given me. If I was correct it was the waiter who killed—

"And your hair is knotted!" Ikara called out after me.

Right. Well.

Fuck off.

I closed the door to my room loudly and walked to the bed. I plopped onto it face first in my pillow, and resisted the urge to scream.
This was fine, this was totally fine and normal.
Completely awesome!

I sat up and pulled a hand through my hair. Since when did I get this frustrated over nothing? I used to be able to go through everything with a fake smile or joke or insult...
Now I sucked.

I didn't deserve anything I had now, why did I complain about it at all?

A small frown formed on my face.
I wasn't quirkless. I didn't deserve—

Dammit, nobody should be treated like trash!

I bit on my cheek, not feeling much better about my self after that thought.