19: Everything is Perfect!

"What's that?" Laura pulled a feather from my hair and I paused.
Shinso held back his laugh as Laura sighed, pulling her conclusions.
"You better not be hunting on birds. Sit, have a warm meal."

I nodded, confused of how the feather even got there (and how obvious it was I snuck out) and quickly sat down next to Shinso.
"That was close," I sighed in relief.

"Actually, Laura is decent," Shinso said amused, "She won't get mad if you reason with her calmly."

"Or if you're a favourite." I argued sassily and Shinso gasped offended.

"Is that supposed to insult me?" The sarcasm dripped off his voice.

"Yes." I glared, my tail swishing behind me.

Shinso chuckled. He turned to his food, as did I.

After a few bites I spoke up again.
"Are we friends?"

Shinso looked at me confused. "Probably. I never really have friends."

"Ah..." I sighed, "Guess were friends then."

"Hey! You're saying it like it's a disappointment!"

"Whatever shall I do?" I poked my food sadly, "Stuck with a friend like you. Anyway, can I borrow your phone again?"

Shinso laughed and took the chance to flick my head.

"Ouch."

"Oh, was I supposed to be sorry?"

"I was only joking."

"Sure you were."

"Really!"

"You're still not getting my phone."

"Oh..." I forced my ears closer to my head and looked up at Shinso a bit, "I really can't borrow it?"
Please be magical puppy eyes, and let them work!

"Fine!" Shinso complained and I took it from his hands with a victorious grin. He had to open it before I could play a game on it. Lovely, phones are. Not only can you call with them, it's technically a portable gaming console.

That's how I found myself laughing and smiling. Shinso calling me an idiot whenever I made even one mistake in the game. It was like the last few days hadn't occurred at all as we sat around, having a good time.

I had the suit to prove those days had happened though, I had Nezu to thank for that.

Immediately that night it came in handy!
I had woken up after a nightmare and decided I couldn't sleep. This meant I wanted to be useful for once.

I got outside and wondered where to go. Where would a villain hide?
The hunt brought me to my favourite pub. I pulled off my mask before I hesitated. Would they remember me for...

Ah crap...

What now? I thought for a while before I realised that...

I

Was

A

Cat!

A cat walked through the crowd of chatting villains.