25: Curiosity killed the cat (almost)

"Dorothy!" I shoved her off the bed, hissing at her.

Dorothy hissed back before she hurried away, into my closet.
Oh no you don't!

I jumped from the bed, turning into a cat and shoving her out. She tried to fight me, but I turned back. I picked her up, unlocked my door and threw her outside into the living room. Aizawa looked up from his coffee confused.

"Morning Zawa," I said quickly before closing the door again.
How awkward.

After my morning stuff I went to grab coffee myself. Sleeping more than an hour always made me feel tired.

"Nemuri called."

Oh no. More trouble?

"She asked wether she could take you shopping."

Wha... you mean, wasting money on things you didn't need?
"Why?" I blurted out. "I don't even have money."

"Don't worry about money. As for why I don't know, to buy stuff you might want? Like... do you have a phone?"

My one weakness.
"Okay, I'll go shopping, if just for a phone." I smiled suddenly, "Does this mean another day without school?"

"No."

My ears fell flat.
"At least I tried," I took a sip of coffee, really not looking forward to it. Though... I got to see Shinso. Maybe I got to get his number? Isn't that what friends do, texting each other?

That morning Aizawa drove me to school. I felt lazy, so I didn't protest at it.

The class was quiet when I walked in.
My absence didn't go unnoticed, huh. It wasn't my cat ears and tail that did anything...I didn't have them right now.

I went to my seat where Shinso gave me a slight smile.

"What did I miss?" I asked him.

"Nothing much. Just school." Shinso shrugged, "Either way, the teacher will want to see you after class. Just a heads up."

"Why?"

"Well, yesterday we got informed off something."

"Of what?"

"The teacher told me she wanted to discuss it with you more privately."

"...why?"

"Stop being curious."

"Can I have your number—"

"You finally got a phone!" Shinso tried to keep his voice down, but almost failed.

"I will get one," I admitted, "Maybe, if I'm lucky. I'm living with someone nice now."

"That's awesome," Shinso smiled at me, "Maybe one day I'll find a home too."

"...You mean to say that just when I get out, you get back into prison?"

Shinso laughed. "Prison? Really?"

"I will forever annoy Laura behind her back," I said, knowing she'd gasp at my wording.

After school me and Shinso parted ways. I clutched the note he gave me with his number on it. I was really excited to text him for the first time!

When Aizawa picked me up I found Midnight in the car.

"We're going shopping!"