8: Escape

A/n: mention of suicide up ahead.
Have a waffle (・ω・)ノ🧇
—Waffle

The window was an option.

My first escape plan involved thudding my head against the window because it just wasn't opening. Like, whoever built it hated me. ...maybe it was just locked, idk.

Bu hey, I had a plan two!
It was worth a try.

Maybe it would be idiotic but—
I decided to walk around as though I went to school here.

As I walked I tried to somehow push the ears back into my head, but it didn't really work. I wondered wether they were just appearing, or if they grew. Quirks often were confusing like that.

I passed by Midnight, who gave me an odd look.

"You're (y/n)... aren't you?"

"Who are you?" I just said annoyed, "I'm sorry, I'm in a hurry." I bowed before I hurried away.

Fortunately Midnight bought the act and let me leave. I saw her glance back though.

Outside the students were going home. I tried to blend into the slight crowd, but I couldn't since I wasn't wearing a uniform. Just a black shirt and black jogging pants.

"Look," I heard someone, "She looks like Aizawa."

No! Do I look homeless? I don't wanna look—

"Yeah, it's funny."

I bit back my comments and hurried away.

Where to go?

I took a train and found myself in the area where home was.
I didn't walk there, going somewhere else instead. I found the abandoned place full of drugs, now empty and getting swept by someone with a concerned frown.
I ignored them and looked around.

No mask, no cloak.

I walked to the bar. It wasn't that far off, but my leg ached and I felt like dying when I arrived. Somehow I was tired. Like, drained.

In the back I grabbed a mask and a cloak. There were a bunch of them, I wondered if this was a secret clothing store as well.
I turned around and prepared to leave, only for the door going to the front to open.

I pulled the hood up tight, pushing my cat ears flat to my head.

"Stealing?" Yuito asked, "That's a risky move here."

I know! I know everyone in this bar would back you up!

I huffed. "I'll pay."

"Well then, pay up."

I reached into a pocket.
From it, I grabbed my middle finger.

"Alright, that's it!" With a snap of his fingers someone got up eagerly, ready for a fight.

I knew the fighter, I lost to him once... more people got up, ready to kill me.

I looked at the window through which I entered and decided to make a run for it. I wasn't on full strength, maybe this was a bit too much of a challenge today. I mean, an entire bar fighting specially me was a lot of people.

I jumped out of the window, landing on my feet swiftly before I ran. My leg didn't ache too much, giving me new speed. Or maybe my quirk made me swift on my feet.

Only a few streets gone I already doubled over tired though. My brain couldn't go on anymore, and my body was even more dead.

I tried to lean against the wall I was next to, only to fall onto the ground. I curled up, scrunching up my nose in discomfort.