31: Fight! Fight! Fight!

A/n: I'm slowly working towards the entrance exam. I read one comment which gave me an idea for the story (about the uniform, it inspired me!).
I wanted to say that it means a lot to me, that people like what I'm writing. I know I'm not the best writer and all that, but have a waffle! (・・)ノ🧇

Thanks for reading!
—Waffle

"Wake up, dammit," Shinso shoved me slightly.

I sat on the bus, opening my eyes. Shinso gave me a look for some reason. What was up with him?

"Hm?" I sleepily asked.

"You're tired."

"I know," I had been out the night before, being a vigilante. I had tracked down some people for Aizawa behi;d his back. I knew Aizawa hated me going behind his back, but a vigilante could do more than a hero. I rubbed my tired eyes and asked Shinso, "Are we there yet?"

"Almost," Shinso pushed me away from him, "You were purring—"

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I felt my cheeks heating up. Shinso sometimes allowed me to lean against him, but it must have looked weird if I were... being half a cat.

Shinso chuckled, "Never seen you embarrassed before."

I frowned. "What? I get embarrassed sometimes."

"No you don't, what changed?"

For a second I realised that I did get emberassed now. Just now, and the day before with Aizawa at UA too.
"I..." I sighed. "There's people who don't beat me up, I'm sorry if I want to not be a little shit form time to time."

Shinso gave me a surprised look. "What about Laura?"
Her?
Being close to Laura? Hah! She locked my window back at the orphanage, might I remind you!

If I weren't sitting on a bus my laugh would have been much more than just a chuckle.
"Laura? How can you be close with her? She's so uptight and—"

"Hey, she's nice!" Shinso argued, "She used to always go out to get ice cream with me."

I realised that Shinso was actually close with her. "Is she your mother figure or something?"

Shinso licked his lips. "No."

"That's a lie," my eyes widened, "Holly shit, is that why you're a bitch, just like her?"

"I'm not—!" Shinso said. He was now embarrassed, and I giggled as he rambled about something or other, trying to change the subject.

At school I went along with my day.
A few annoying things happened, but I knew that I would go to a different school soon enough.

The entrance exams were close, I just had to behave a little longer.

After school me and Shinso packed out bags so we could leave. I picked up my bag and Shinso followed me out. Suddenly I tripped and I heard some snickers.

"Hey!" Shinso called out when we found ourselves surrounded by bullies.

I got up, only to get pushed down again.

"Know your place, animal!"

I hissed despite myself, feeling my claws sharpen.

"Leave us alone," Shinso grumbled.

"Leave us alone," one of the bullies mimicked in a zombie like tone. Others laughed and I felt my eyes widen as I felt very, very active.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of someone," I growled as I put one of my claws in the ground, probably damaging the floor.